Any word on the SDK

Already that site is wrong

We are not distributing the SDK prior to its general public release.

As listed in the large Valve Response thread, they already said it's being staged, and a few developers have their hands on them.

I'm sorry, but you are wrong. The only teams that have it are internal ones, Sven Co-Op doesn't have it, the only team that does is the DoD team, as they are working for Valve. We will all be getting this at the same time, oh and if you were wondering where I got this info.... look up Chris Bokitch on the Valve team webiste... I think you will find he would be the man who knows

Um, okay.. well, again in the "Info from Valve Only" (the correct name) thread in the General Discussion forum, the following exists, right on page 1, sixth post down:

3. When is the SDK coming out

it will be staged; some people have it already

So I'm wrong because..... why, again? I'm only going by what I'm reading here. It specifically says it will be staged, and that "some people" (doesn't say who these people are, but some do) have it.

*shrugs* I still think they should update the VERC FAQ.

I talked to the head of SDK distribution and he has assured me that the SDK will be released to ALL mod teams at the same time

Originally posted by mrBadger
I talked to the head of SDK distribution and he has assured me that the SDK will be released to ALL mod teams at the same time
Sorry but now you're just paradoxal :D
If it will be released to all at the SAME TIME how can the Dod-team have it?

What they did was that they handed out development-packs for promosing mods.

is DOD2 even a mod at this point. i thought they (valve) were releasing it as a full blown retail box. If so that would explain why they have it.

From all these quotes posted NO mods have access to the SDK. How many times does it have to be said?

DoD team are working FOR Valve.... I think I have a quote somewhere, they are actually in their office. Nuff Sed:)

yeah you cant really call them mods anymore since well they have both had stand alone releases and they got paid for them. its more of a free license for their buddys.

Back