Any words on bot support in CS: Source?

T

^Th0mas^

Hi.

Have some of you guys heard anything about bot support in CS Source?

Im NOT thinking about UNOFFICIAL bots like Podbot, Realbot +++. They are stupid and they are WAY to easy.

Im thinking about bots like in Condition Zero. They are very hard to kill, and they act like humans pretty much.

Maybe they just could turn CZ into the HL2 engine?

Thanks in advance. :bounce:

Well, the bots in condition zero ARE unoffical bots from counter-strike - wouldn't get too excited about it. Don't forget that the bots will still have the same basis, won't be too hard to convert them.

The bots in CZ will eventually be encorporated into CS like most things, so I'm guessing that they'll make it into CSS too.

They will probably use some AI aspects of HL2 when coding the bots for CS:S.

MaxiKana said:
They will probably use some AI aspects of HL2 when coding the bots for CS:S.

The Half-Life 2 AI looks very decent, so that would be great! :cheers:

Come to think of it, CS bots would be very good, as you won't need to put up with the kiddies and the l33t hax0rs. ^_^ Won't even need to waste my time online, then.

In effort of contributing something to this conversation: Yup, hopefully.

Sniper said:
Come to think of it, CS bots would be very good, as you won't need to put up with the kiddies and the l33t hax0rs. ^_^ Won't even need to waste my time online, then.

In effort of contributing something to this conversation: Yup, hopefully.

Jupp, thats right.

CS with good bots:

- Fun
- No cheaters
- No ping
- Dont require good internett connection
- Dont require internett at all
- They listen to you

++++++++

Sniper said:
Well, the bots in condition zero ARE unoffical bots from counter-strike - wouldn't get too excited about it. Don't forget that the bots will still have the same basis, won't be too hard to convert them.
..and you heard this, where?
The bots in CZ aren't unofficial, they were originally tested in CS 1.6 beta, available to all. They pulled them, improved them (though, not by much) and put them on CZ for the customers to enjoy, as a perk (plus for CZ's SP).
They're anything but unofficial, they're 100% owned by VALVe, courtesy of Turtle Rock Studios

I agree with Shuzer.

CZ have official bots becuase they are own by Valve.

Podbot and Realplayer are made by regular privat players.

hopefully there are bots, or even a training mode with awp_map or something

vap needs to make awp_map and aim_map official maps hehe

dassbaba said:
hopefully there are bots, or even a training mode with awp_map or something

vap needs to make awp_map and aim_map official maps hehe

If there are NO bots, they should code CZ into HL2 graphics, or code the CZ bots into CS Source.

CS is a GREAT lan game, so bots are important. :sniper:

^Th0mas^ said:
If there are NO bots, they should code CZ into HL2 graphics, or code the CZ bots into CS Source.

CS is a GREAT lan game, so bots are important. :sniper:

agreed, and bots are something that valve leaves for 3rd parties to make, and they are often unreliable and valve is shifting out of this leave it to the 3rd party phase anyway

What if CS Souce have bots with HL2 A.I :D ? That will probably be a HUGE step from Condition Zero and all other AI technology. And Condition Zero have great AI already.

But Value is known for one thing:

They want things to be perfect!

^Th0mas^ said:
Hi.

Have some of you guys heard anything about bot support in CS Source?

Im NOT thinking about UNOFFICIAL bots like Podbot, Realbot +++. They are stupid and they are WAY to easy.

Im thinking about bots like in Condition Zero. They are very hard to kill, and they act like humans pretty much.

Maybe they just could turn CZ into the HL2 engine?

Thanks in advance. :bounce:

The current plan is to include the CS Bot, which will continue to be updated and improved.

Cliffe
VALVe

There are something that i am worried about the bots. In a recent interview with Doug Lombardi ( http://www.driverheaven.net/dhinterviews/doug/ ), he as been asked this question:

“Will Counter-Strike: Source be multi-player only, have single-player with bots, or also have "real" single-player mode like HL2 and Condition Zero?

[Doug Lombardi] At launch, it will be multiplayer only.”

And Jess Cliffe said in this post with:

“The current plan is to include the CS Bot, which will continue to be updated and improved.”

I’m a bit confused.

First, I don’t care at all if there are no a single player in CS:S. But the ‘multiplayer only’ that Doug said, will it be with the option to add Bots like when creating game in CZ, I mean, they can put Bots in CS:S without the single player part like CZ, just using them to be able to add them in a multiplayer game or server.

The Official bot that are in CS:CZ has been the main reason for me to take the CS plunge. I always running a private dedicated server for CS:CZ right now (since its release), and we always use Bots to fill the free emply spots on the server when we are only a few ‘human’ player in the server. That help making team bigger and more balanced. And its really cool too playing coop with a team of friend against a team of Bot. In other word, the Bots are must have for us!!!

They have worked long enough creating those bots for Condition Zero, and they are REALLY well done. So please don’t waste that effort and bring it back.

I really don’t care about the game price or pricing system… i will buy it at any cost. I really don’t care about the system specs, as I always upgrading my gaming system every few month to the latest and fastest piece of hardware available (mmmm don’t tell my girlfriend about this hehe :)). But VALVe, PLLEEAASSEE, put BOTS in the game!!!!

Thanks

Yes Lep, bots are a part of multiplayer. They can be used to fill empty slots on a server or just for training.

I Agreed with SpaWner here.

I think bots are pretty important. Not only is the official CS Bot from Condition Zero very smart, but also it fills out the empty slot at online and LAN gaming.

To bad Cliff saids one thing and Doug said another thing. I go for Cliff and hope that there will be support for bots. The CS bot is awsone, it`s a WASTE to not use it in source to.

Cliff, can you say something about this?

But i f we dont get bots in the game at launch, please add them later.

I'd take Cliffe's word on it. Even if they don't add one in the end im sure someone will down the line.

Fenric said:
I'd take Cliffe's word on it. Even if they don't add one in the end im sure someone will down the line.

I trust Cliffe to, but I don`t want bots made by "amatuers", like Podbot or Realbot.

The bots are ok, but they are way to easy and kinda stupid.

Valve have great bots for CZ, so its a shame to not add the bots to CS: Source to.

I will be happy to buy CS: Source in retail verson to that way.

^Thomas^ said:
I trust Cliffe to, but I don`t want bots made by "amatuers", like Podbot or Realbot.

The bots are ok, but they are way to easy and kinda stupid.

Valve have great bots for CZ, so its a shame to not add the bots to CS: Source to.

I will be happy to buy CS: Source in retail verson to that way.
If they don't then maybe someone will work out how to make a copy of the CZ bots to work in Source. Valve say its not so different, and if you can put HL1 into it I don't see CZ bots being much harder to do.

Fenric said:
If they don't then maybe someone will work out how to make a copy of the CZ bots to work in Source. Valve say its not so different, and if you can put HL1 into it I don't see CZ bots being much harder to do.

Right.

But I thinks its even more easy for Valve to just add the official bots so CS: Source.

Cliffe, do you know anything?

Fenric said:

Your`e right, I could not be that hard to do. Not for Valve.

But for us "normal" people?

FENRIC IS A GOD... QUIT SPEAKING THE LIEZ!!! I don't know man, Turtle Rock has been pretty helpful on their forums, so even if there isn't a way a "normal" person could do it, we could always send Fenric an envelope with some money in it...

Z|insane said:
FENRIC IS A GOD... QUIT SPEAKING THE LIEZ!!! I don't know man, Turtle Rock has been pretty helpful on their forums, so even if there isn't a way a "normal" person could do it, we could always send Fenric an envelope with some money in it...

Hehe, great idea ;) :cheers:

Lol, yeah, UT2k4 is awesome with that thing. You yell "get out" and the dudes get out of the car and run away. :)

The bot support wouldn't be much of a step up from CS bots, just waypoints and stuff really.

I don`t think bots no longer are using waypoinsts. Thats a little to "old" i guess. Take Battlefield Vietnam.. its easy to make waypoints, but its not fun to know where the bots are going.

^Th0mas^ said:
Hi.

Are they ? :LOL::LOL:

The plan is to have bots.

We're planning on getting all of the CZ bot/tour of duty work into CS
Source.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 12:05 PM
To: Erik Johnson
Subject: RE: No bots in CS:S after all?

Looks like bots in CSS after all.

Back