anyone else got weird performance after installing DoD or the latest patch?

Reaction score
something quite weird has happened after I installed DoD or recieved the update around the same time...

DoD will sometimes enter extreme stutter mode...ping will look normal but the game will act like there's massive lag, another thing is that sometimes it won't be like lag just like really stuttering like the game will pause for a few seconds every now and then.... at first I thought this was just a problem with DoD(someone mentioned a mem leak in Anzio, which also seems to be the map I most often experience this) but I hadn't checked out any other source games since I installed DoD...much to my dismay I found out today that the same thing is suddenly going on in HL2:DM and I will assume CS:S aswell though I haven't tested it yet....if it has spread to HL2 sp I'm going to be pissed!:frown:

anyways anybody else experience this and do you have any suggestions to what might be going on or how to fix it?

My FPS and performance improved considerably after the patch, actually. Not sure what's wrong on your end.

PriNcE oF SpAcE said:
something quite weird has happened after I installed DoD or recieved the update around the same time...

DoD will sometimes enter extreme stutter mode...ping will look normal but the game will act like there's massive lag, another thing is that sometimes it won't be like lag just like really stuttering like the game will pause for a few seconds every now and then.... at first I thought this was just a problem with DoD(someone mentioned a mem leak in Anzio, which also seems to be the map I most often experience this) but I hadn't checked out any other source games since I installed DoD...much to my dismay I found out today that the same thing is suddenly going on in HL2:DM and I will assume CS:S aswell though I haven't tested it yet....if it has spread to HL2 sp I'm going to be pissed!:frown:

anyways anybody else experience this and do you have any suggestions to what might be going on or how to fix it?
Are you sure its not downloading in the background? When I reinstalled Steam and everything on it, it said it had done downloading but was still doing it in the background and while playing would cause stuttering. After that it was fine.

ok so apparently HL2: DM and CS:S both work as they're supposed to...I guess my comp or the server were just having a hiccup when I experienced the stuttering in DM, the symptons was just so similar that I thought there was a connection...

however DoD:S doesn't seem to have improved and I still experience the stuttering after having played for a while, and still more notecible in Anzio...I think I will try turning HDR off and see if it improves...

ok so I turned off HDR and it seems to have solved the problem...though I will probably need a little more testing.

I guess HDR is bugged in someway because the full HDR option was what was recommended for my system, sure there's the slight drop in fps, but the stuttering is something else entirely I'm sure...couple of things that point in that direction is how anzio seems to be severly affected by this, compared to the other maps and also that the stuttering will apparently kick in after having played a while(and in general is pretty inconsistent, unlike fps)

funny thing though is that I don't really miss the HDR lightning....sure there's a difference, but it's nothing game altering, and if any I actually like it more without the HDR seeing as it seems much more like a gritty battlefield now rather than some glamour holiday shots.

For the record, I fixed these issues by turning down from 1600 x 1200 to 1280x 1024, heh, also my GPU(s) were getting hot.

Back