Anyone notice steam forums are down?

Yoda1979

Reaction score
Anyone notice steam forums are down? There is no weird activity on the status page, strange.:eek:

Why would there be activity on the status page about the forums? The measurement is only for content delivery servers, which the forum is not hosted on....

The forum has been down for hours.

Yeah the forums are down :x maybe a surprise muahahaha DodS Delayeddd!! Noooo!!!! i will shot myself if that happens :|

I dont remember the forums going down unless they were releasing something. If it has been down for hours, you would have thought they would have fixed it by now.

Yoda1979 said:

Bumping isn't really liked here, moderator may come a spank you so watch out...

And they have never closed the steampowered forums like this to release a game, something happened with the server that it was hosted on most likely.

Shens said:
For those of you who are too lazy to click the link:
Keep your eyes on http://steampowered.com/index.php?area=news, a Source engine update to get our HL2 installations ready for DoD:S will be released in around an hour tonight. The update will also contain some engine peformance tweaks, based on discoveries Valve has made while porting HL2 to Xbox.

Eric Smith opened his big mouth to say:
The update should be released in about an hour. You'll know as soon as
we do it because your server will report that it's out-of-date.

-Eric

Something's going on. The available bandwidth just went up quite a bit. They wouldn't need much (if any) extra for a normal engine update :/, especially not 4 gigabits per second more :p

>> > > Bad news folks, we ran into another problem that is going to push
>> > > us into tomorrow. Sorry for the false start.
>> > >
>> > > Erik

6char limit

:bounce: i hope i get to see it before the hurricane gets here!!!!! :bounce:

csmonk said:
:bounce: i hope i get to see it before the hurricane gets here!!!!! :bounce:

There really won't be anything to see....

Davo said:
The last few posts arent.
ARG.gif

Ok theres some big update downloading now... and there's no news of it on the steampowered website.

Hmm, I haven't gotten the update, and I only have 23 servers in my CSS server list, I have restarted at least twice.

EDIT: I deleted my clientregistry.blob, and still nothing.

Steam Update Released
September 23, 2005, 12:06 pm · cliffe
Updates to Steam have been released. The update will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. This release includes a number of very specific CPU and memory footprint optimizations brought over from the Half-Life 2: XBOX development codebase. The release also includes all of the engine groundwork to enable the Day of Defeat: Source launch that will happen Monday, September 26 at 3:00 PDT.

http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news&id=447

quite ingenious, those folks at valve. release an update on friday, then close the forums so noone can complain about it.

difficult to find cs:s servers up, and ones that are up are unplayable due to lag. i suppose it'll settle down by tomorrow as everyone won't be updating in the background anymore.

Back