Aperture Science Theory ONLY FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE PLAYED HALF LIFE 2 AND PORTAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
THIS IS ONLY FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE PLAYED HALF LIFE 2 AND PORTAL! Ok, so... I know this is really stretching it a little:rolleyes:, but I have a theory that may be possible. See, I was playing Half Life 2: Episode 2, when I noticed the Combine Symbol on one of the Combine Pulse Rifles (it doesnt look exactly like this, but this is the closest symbol I could find)
Combine_Symbol_by_qman32.jpg

For the first time, I realized that the Combine Symbol looked very similar to the Aperture Science symbol.
512px-Aperture_Science.svg.png

And I thought, what if Aperture Science is Combine? It sorta makes sense, right? I mean, if you think about it, the Combine came through a giant portal. Maybe it was a Time Portal. Maybe the Combine came from the future. Maybe, in the future, GLaDOS took the test subjects that she was using and modified them to serve her, and the result was Combine. By then, maybe she had figured out how to make a Time Portal, and maybe she sent the Combine into the past to recover the Borealis. Maybe the Borealis contains some sort of part for GLaDOS to be obsolete and she needs to go into the past to get it. She made the Combine go into the past to recover the Borealis and whatever it has in it. Maybe the whole reason they came to earth in the first place was just to get the Borealis! And maybe GLaDOS needed a way of monitoring the extraction of the Borealis and to keep potential threats occupied. She put some sort of brain controlling chip into a man. The brain controlling chip would let her see and talk through the man, so she could monitor the entire extract. This man is known as the G-Man. But, he is only known as the G-Man outside of the game. What if G stands for GLaDOS? Since GLaDOS stood for Genetic Lifeform and Disk Operating System. So what if his full ser-name is Genetic Man? It would explain alot, since the G-Man disappears alot. It would make sense that he could use Portals. Comment and tell me if I am totally insane or if it might be possible.

Thanks, Will

As I'm sure you are aware with outward theories like this, you are likely to be thrown to the wolves (I'm not sure I can help you!).

Several points we could pull you on, one being the symbols aren't that similar (lets be honest) and we know G-man stands for Government man. Also if GLaDOS is the mastermind behind the development of the Combine, why are they so desperate for teleportation technology (from Mossman / Eli / Borealis) when GLaDOS would have full knowledge on it from aperture science?

Oh and we've seen true combine species [not forcefully evolved combine (soldiers / elite / striders etc)]...the advisers. Those can't have come from the human test subjects I'm sure.

Well..... I can argue. G-Man may stand for government man, but that could be used to throw us off. Maybe somehow, GLaDOS could have been seperated from the Combine Plans. Or maybe when Chell (person you play in Portal) destroyed GLaDOS, in destroyed GLaDOS's memory of the blue prints for the technology. Since she recreated herself with one of her backup cores, she had to start over. She developed a similar technology which could travel through time. She created the Combine and sent them into the past to recover the "object" (maybe her previous memory?)

Plus, the symbol could have been an evolved symbol. If you look at the center, it looks like the original symbol. The symbol probably evolved overtime, resulting in the Combine Symbol.

Also, GLaDOS might not have perfected the technology. She might have sent some of the Combine Soldiers, and they didnt come through in their original form (Resulting in Advisors) To live, the Advisors had to stay in special pods. Does that make sense?

The Combine came from a parallel universe, not the future.

Glenn is right, crippld has now been thrown to the wolfs.

It's good to see Half Life universe so fantasised upon by fans. it's a sign of a great game.

But I am not very fond of your theory. Beliving this means that Valve had already planned out Portal's storyline way back in 1998. What is wrong, you know.

Hm... Do you think that valve had the combine planned back in 1998?
I think Valve was making the story up as they went. It seems like they (possibly moreso the fans) retconned the Combine into the Half-Life universe to explain the Xen invasion. And I think that logo looks more like the Star Wars imperial logo than it does the Portal logo.
EDIT: Also I thought this was the Combine logo.
150px-Combine_egg_claws.svg.png

EDIT EDIT: Never mind, the Wikia page calls your logo the Citadel core logo:
citadel_core.png

EDIT^3: Which is allegedly derived from this:
radioactive_symbol.gif

Also TWIST: what if crippld was actually thrown to the WEREwolves, from the FUTURE? http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155700/?tag=filmmakers

What if there were clues in the game that your theory is completely absurd?! Go back to Black Mesa east and listen to what Mossman said. "The combine can tunnel through from their universe, but once they're here they're dependent on local transportation."

The 5th level in the game. Cmon, dude. You can do better than that.

You're assuming a lot of things, and you don't have much fact, which is the core of a 'theory'.
This is a 'hypothesis'.

HYPOTHESIS

Mossman is probably a drone or a robot. Eli was probably a robot as well and when the advisors were sucking out his brain, they were actually sucking out his computer intel. Come on guys. It's so obvious

Gman was just the file name for the character model in HL and its since become his nickname by the fans, the name doesn't mean anything.

"... I am the G-man..."
doesn't he say something like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back