Apologies for the downtime

D33

Reaction score
There were some technical issues beyond our control. We were told our website, among others, would be offline for around an hour.

At 10pm GMT we received the following messages from Homelan’s ChemicalX:

[22:19:54] [HF|Chemical_X]: actually we're putting it back into place now.
[22:20:00] [HF|Chemical_X]: we should be throwing the switch shortly
Expecting the website to come back within the next twenty minutes we instead waited in silence until 3am GMT where we received a quick update.

[02:53:00] [HF|Chemical_X]: apparently it was a bad circuit and it blew out our router.. we just thought it was the router, so we got a new one and plugged it in and blamo.. it went out again. so now we're on our third router and we're moving the dns box out of that cabinet so it doesn't blow up.
Not really Homelan’s fault, these things do happen. I haven’t been informed as to when the website was finally resurrected but apologies for downtime you experienced.

Thank you for information D33. By the way, I am just wondering, do you guys pay Homelan or they are helping you because you guys are friends?

It's a deal we have with them. Put simply this has to be one of the if not the biggest 'dedicated' Half-Life2 website on the internet. That means that when we advertise someone that someone will get a lot of hits.

However the cost of running this website ( space / bandwidth ) etc is very expensive. So Homelan host us and give us nearly everything we need and in return we advertise them.

They do the same deal with other big websites too - take Penny Arcade for example. :)

/me goes out to create a big websitte, mwuahaha!! virtual toys to play with!

Originally posted by D33
It's a deal we have with them. Put simply this has to be one of the if not the biggest 'dedicated' Half-Life2 website on the internet. That means that when we advertise someone that someone will get a lot of hits.
But then you shouldnt aplogize for short downtimes, then you should apologize for having the lousiest biggest dedicated page on the net. I know it aint you (that little issue over redesigning the page ;)), but this page has a terrible news section (ie no mod news, long time between news, etc)... Like 30% of the pages are up... Are any of the features up? Its a big forum. The biggest I know of. But crappy website. Are there any other HL2 websites in such poor condition? Well, except the really small ones, but any of the big ones? Think on it. It aint The Definitive HL2 Source yet. I have to go other sites to get the full lowdown on HL2. (well, one can get info from threads, but they usually quickly get burried)

Despite that, you guys are all cool people. I look forward to applying to be hosted. I would much rather be hosted on this incomplete website then on PHL's. What's the EST/progress on the CMS?

Originally posted by Vino
Despite that, you guys are all cool people. I look forward to applying to be hosted. I would much rather be hosted on this incomplete website then on PHL's. What's the EST/progress on the CMS?

soon

Heh, do I sound like an engineer? What's the estimated time to arrival and progress on the Content Management System?

Finished but we're not using it until a couple more features are added.

Sorry about Evil, he's a bit fick ;(

Its cool, shit happens. Although, when the forums are down I realize I have nothing to do and life is over.

Back