Are the Midnight Riders still alive?

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OI1-NhHVjI

That's an Easter Egg in the Passing, my video shows you how to activate the Easter Egg in order to see it yourselves. Could the Midnight Riders have survived the Zombie infection?

DISCUSS!

Haha, nice discovery!
Their music fits perfectly in a game like L4D2.

I came in here to be all, duh they're still alive and Valve is definitely teasing them, but holy **** that is awesome.

Wtf... I totally hit the same song (to get the achievement) at that same spot and walked that direction, but everyone told me "HEY COME ON THIS WAY"... otherwise I Would have made that discovery last night...

disappointment...

Got the bus without ****ing about with the Jukebox. Hmmm.

Got the bus without ****ing about with the Jukebox. Hmmm.

Interesting...I got it last night on my first playthrough but I had messed about with it then, after going through a few times without messing with the jukebox it never came. I then tried with the Jukebox and it did...?

Worked the last time, tis awesome. Valve would be assholes to not follow this up with a No Salvation campaign.

Worked the last time, tis awesome. Valve would be assholes to not follow this up with a No Salvation campaign.

Hint Hint Eh Valve?

JUST ****ING DO IIIITTTT!

I think they're dead. In L4D2, some graffiti states: "RIP MIDNIGHT RIDERS!"

I figured since the first time I played through Dark Carnival that Valve was teasing a sequel/expansion/DLC where you play as the band. I really hope so, that's by far my favorite finale in the game and I love the tunes :D

The Midnight Riders aren't dead. They're still riding on.

Lord knows if they survived the hellish Zombie apocalypse. My belief with that bus is since it takes place before Dark Carnival is that the band was using the bus to rush to a pickup point where a Helicopter can take them to safety (like at the Dark Carnival Campaign). Their wealth and fame would definitely give them a good chance to escape.

However, it is also possible that other survivors hijacked that bus and used it to get them to safety, much like how the 4 survivors hijacked Jimmy Gibb's car to get them to safety.

Back