Are there any elements of gameplay that could be improved with Source?

Zyphria

Reaction score
The original Half Life engine didn't exactly provide mod developers with the best engine for tactical FPS's, but it did a fine job for the most part. Now that we have the Source engine, do you think that Counter Strike could benefit from very carefully adjusting gameplay to enhance it further?

Vehicles have been mentioned (I believe under the Valve only info as well), and for anyone who recollects the APC on Siege, then you have the same fond memories...of all of the problems associated with it.

Alternatively this may already be planned as Counter Strike 2.

people will whinge too much if they change cs the smallest bit.. i remember the APC, but it wasn't till they removed it that i found out it was drivable :(

Make big upgrades/new elements for CS2, keep CS:Source the same. Everyone is happy.

big upgrades ya ya

are there elements of gameplay that could be improved with source? yes

bla bla add stuff

hegele said:
Make big upgrades/new elements for CS2, keep CS:Source the same. Everyone is happy.
I agree.

I want Blackhawk helicopters that i can absail down from in Cs2.

fix sheilds and hitboxes and I'll be happy.

Roll on Blackhawks with 50 Cal side guns. Come on T if yah think yah hard enough

RMachucaA said:
no more bunny hoping.

I don't know what version of CS you're playing but there hasn't been any bunny-hopping for a long time.

CB | Para said:
I don't know what version of CS you're playing but there hasn't been any bunny-hopping for a long time.

ermm.. yes there has
Even in 1.3 when they supposedely patched it out it still existed.. it's even in 1.6

i'm retarted but what is bunny-hopping? Is it the jump then-duck thing that HL invented?

I thought it was jumping then at the high point in your jump, jump again etc...
So you got really high...

But if it is jump then duck.....well then i do that daily!
Dont forget about the duck then jump!

Minerel said:
I thought it was jumping then at the high point in your jump, jump again etc...
So you got really high...

But if it is jump then duck.....well then i do that daily!
Dont forget about the duck then jump!
i guess i dont know jack schitt then, i thought it was when you time your jumps a certain way so that you go ultra fast...

bon jovi - next 100 years

Bunny hopping, or strafe jumping, involves gaining momentum by repeatedly jumping and bobbing your view left and right in a strafe-like motion.

Shuzer said:
Bunny hopping, or strafe jumping, involves gaining momentum by repeatedly jumping and bobbing your view left and right in a strafe-like motion.
aaah, guess i was right :smoking:

the hives - main offender

Shuzer said:

Find me one guy who can bunny hop without hacks on 1.6 and I'll leave these forums.

It can still be done, but its way slower than it was in previous versions.

Shuzer said:

ahhhh, I see. Thanks.

I would like to see recoil changed. It think your crosshair should be repositioned, instead of the bullets going in a T shape dispite where you crosshair is

Other than that I would like to be able to push my team mates by walking into them.

Back