Arrested Development: Season Four Coming, Lead Into Movie

sixteenth

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Announced via twitter post by Mitchell Hurwitz (creator):

News @NewYorkerFest: Arrested Development coming back for one more TV season before movie. #ArrestedDevelopment #tnyfest
Source: https://twitter.com/#!/NewYorker/status/120599846745931777

More info: http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2...rested-development-movie-and-new-tv-episodes/

So, Mr. Hurwitz said: “We’re trying to do a limited-run series into the movie.” After a wave of excited applause died down, he continued: “We’re basically hoping to do 9 or 10 episodes, with almost one character per episode.”

Summary in three words: HELL ****ING YES

Edit: Not officially "official", but the announcement was at a New Yorkers Festival panel featuring Hurwitz and all of the main characters.

Bh6wZ.jpg

fFffFFFFFUuuuUUUUUUUuuUUUCKKKKKkkkkKKKK

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

on a pessimistic note, nothing seems to actually be official, and:

It’s true. We will do 10 episodes and the movie. Probably shoot them all together next summer for a release in early ‘13. VERY excited!

2013 is a long time away :p

I don't even remember anything about Arrested Development except the characters themselves really and a couple occasional weird scenes.

oh raziaar.

arrested development has always been my favorite show of all time, hands down, no competition. it is the most hilarious, witty, interesting and entertaining show ive ever seen.

so this is the raddest news, but with the 3-year delay on this supposed movie, im likely to stay pessimistic :p

on a pessimistic note, nothing seems to actually be official, and:
I think it's fair to say that it will happen. I edited the original post with a picture from the event where the new season was announced. The panel included all of the main characters and the creator, so obviously all the main cast is on board (previous pessimism of the proposed movie included some of the cast being wary of involvement. Doesn't seem to be the case any longer.)

I guess now it depends on the producers and FOX, or whatever network...

Also, a Reddit comment I found displays my feelings of the news: "This is the moon landing of our generation."

I think my heart skipped a beat when I read the title. I mean what the ****, I was expecting a movie, but they give me a full season AND a movie?! This is from a Cable Television Network? They're supposed to cancel all the awesome shows, leaving hints at some future project, then abandon it entirely leaving me depressed about it. Not do the exact opposite. I can't, ****ing, believe....

it isn't the cast i was concerned about, it was stuff like:

The project, he said, “requires studios to work together that don’t typically work together, film and TV.”

we've already seen AMC shit all over its shows with problems with Breaking Bad and Mad Men, and they don't even seem to have a network

but hey let me just be pessimistic, this is how i handle awesome news ;)

we've already seen AMC shit all over its shows with problems with Breaking Bad and Mad Men, and they don't even seem to have a network
I totally agree. Add Rubicon to that list.

Guess this means I have to finally finish it.

Also,

"We’re basically hoping to do 9 or 10 episodes, with almost one character per episode."

Huh?

Awesome. If you're reading this and have no idea what the show is about, do yourself a favor and watch it from the beginning. This is one of the few TV shows that we own on DVD.

loved Arrested Development. Probably one of the funniest shows of all time in my book, can't wait if this is legit :D

Funny how many people DIDN'T watch the show when it was on and how enormous it has become. I just started watching it last year, and honestly, I think its effing brilliant. I'm so excited to see what happens with the Bluth family.

The one thing that pisses me off is Michael Cera. Honestly, he's a dreadful actor. Why the hell wouldn't he have wanted to reprise his role earlier!?

[video=youtube_share;pcvYx7puZB8]http://youtu.be/pcvYx7puZB8[/video]

"We’re basically hoping to do 9 or 10 episodes, with almost one character per episode."

No seriously please what?

Back