as much as we hate hackers and alike, they are our only hope for...

jverne

Reaction score
more and more systems for communication spying (internet, phones,...) are being researched!

lets see:
-the USA is experimenting with chips that are placed inside your body enabling them to see our every move (position-GPS,...)
-CIA in collaboration with the NSA is constructing a sistem to tap on IRC channels
-China has got a live SMS and cellphone spying sistem
-...please add more...can't remember...

my point is that hackers are the freedom of the future, they'll help us "read a magazine while shitting, without being spyed on" by hacking into the system or something ! the world is slowly becoming like HL2 where the combine tracked your every move!

i'm moving to africa or maybe i'll join the penguins on antartica if they aren't already wired!! :LOL: ;(

Stalin would probably be in paradise if he'd be alive today!

I could really care less if I caried a chip around udnerneath my skin. If it keeps terrorist from hijacking the flight I'm on and flying me into a plane. It's all good.

If these chips eventually mean I don't have to take those god awful photo's for passports then I'm cool having them.

The Dark Elf said:
If these chips eventually mean I don't have to take those god awful photo's for passports then I'm cool having them.
hear, hear

The Dark Elf said:
Heh...know what you mean. I got my first passport when I was 10, and I had this huge black eye, so everybody looked at my parents funny (coincidentally, that was when I went to England to see my family in Oxford). The second time, I looked completely middle-eastern, so all of the airport people had to look back and forth between me and the passport like 6 times.

Chips in your body!.. take it out and sell it :p

Dark Elf, passport photo's ain't so bad, you can even smile on them now even though i still look like this ":|"

I actually don't want to be tracked everywhere I go, kthx... seems a bit too totalitarian to me. And by "a bit", I mean "ohmyfsckinggod waaaay too much".

What's the matter, Audio...you got something to hide? (heh heh)

Alig said:
Chips in your body!.. take it out and sell it :p

Dark Elf, passport photo's ain't so bad, you can even smile on them now even though i still look like this ":|"
Christ, smiling on a passport photo looks even worse! lol

Heh, don't make me laugh. Even if world governments were to take away all of our freedoms and keep track of us through implanted chips do you really think that most hackers would use those things for the benefit of the population?

If those chips can be used against me in court, then I say no.

Javert said:
If those chips can be used against me in court, then I say no.
What if they were used to prove your innocent just as much as your guilt?

What if they use these chips to stop us being fertile? then they build these big structures in the centre of every major city and cops start wearing these white gasmask things.. and then... and then... :D

shadow6899 said:
i would still say no, b/c im not going to commit any crimes. unless u consider smoking weed a crime. then thats another discussion :/
Well, let's see...it's against the law, so....yes, it's a crime. You're just a big silly goose, aren't you?

There's pros and cons but ultimately I'm a very private person and I don't want someone watching me all the time. Being by myself is one of the only ways I can get peace, and I'm paranoid enough as it is without having a chip in my body that tracks everywhere I go.

I don't do things illegal, but I don't think we should be forced to give up our privacy. I obviously am against the Patriot Act.

shadow6899 said:
lol steve, i almost went off on u, then i read the name :D we had some discussions before and i know ur not that close minded :D
Oh, don't get me wrong...I'm all for the legalization...but until it is legalized, I don't really sympathize with anyone who gets busted for doing it. It's against the law, and just because it shouldn't be doesn't change that.

GiaOmerta said:
I'd never have a chip inserted in my body. **** no.
But what if it was a delicious spicy nacho chip? I've been known to insert a whole bag of those into my body in one sitting!

shadow6899 said:
iunno steve i just cant see how anyone can be busted for making them selves feel good. that would be like getting arrested for having sex... o wait we do...nvm :/
Different things make different people feel good, and not always legal.

* pulls up chair and waits for TDE to finish*

ahem, dont let me stop you, continue :E

please not another drug thread... please...

teehee, #800

...ANYWAY...yeah, the chips would infringe way too much on my civil liberties, so screw that.

actually the best use of a implanted chip is not espionage, but rather it can be used to accurately track your shopping habits and sell them to the highest bidders ...companies would kill for such information

Death.Trap said:
I could really care less if I caried a chip around udnerneath my skin. If it keeps terrorist from hijacking the flight I'm on and flying me into a plane. It's all good.

I'd rather have my airplane smashed into a building rather than live in a totalitarian state personally.

qckbeam said:
I'd rather have my airplane smashed into a building rather than live in a totalitarian state personally.

The chip doesn't control you. It's still a democracy, if the govt wants to know where I am every momment of the day, yay for them. I'm not going anywhre I shouldn't. It's not like theres a damn mic in the chip anyways. I could care less if some fool has to sit in front of his comp in CIA HQ and stare at my longitude and latitude coordinates all day. My life wouldn't change at all.

Death.Trap said:
I could care less if some fool has to sit in front of his comp in CIA HQ and stare at my longitude and latitude coordinates all day. My life wouldn't change at all.
Heh...I just got this picture of a really dumb tech operator - "Holy shit! There's like 40 million people in California!"

Death.Trap said:
The chip doesn't control you. It's still a democracy, if the govt wants to know where I am every momment of the day, yay for them. I'm not going anywhre I shouldn't. It's not like theres a damn mic in the chip anyways. I could care less if some fool has to sit in front of his comp in CIA HQ and stare at my longitude and latitude coordinates all day. My life wouldn't change at all.

I don't care what the original intention for the chip may be (even though the idea of having an electronic chip sown into my body for any reason is repulsive); the minute a government starts implanting small, electronic tracking devices in citzens for "protection and safety", I'm out.

qckbeam said:
I don't care what the original intention for the chip may be (even though the idea of having an electronic chip sown into my body for any reason is repulsive); the minute a government starts implanting small, electronic tracking devices in citzens for "protection and safety", I'm out.

Bleh, I hate clowns. Your avatar freaks me out. :cool:

shadow6899 said:
well there u go u think this is a democracy :/ so of course u wouldn't care about the chip.

Oh yes, I forgot-the country is run by elvis..er..aliens..er, wait elvis IS an alien isn't he?

Death.Trap said:
Oh yes, I forgot-the country is run by elvis..er..aliens..er, wait elvis IS an alien isn't he?
NO...the Elvis in the grave is a clone made BY the aliens to cover up them taking him away...jeez, get it straight.

Its a republic not a democracy there is a difference, I would rather run the ludicrously slim risk of death by terrorist attack (though how is chips in U.S. citizens going to take a serious bite out o' terrorism) than have the man know where I am at all times. **** that man, **** that.
What about payphones being "tapped" for certain words?

Kommie said:
Its a republic not a democracy there is a difference, I would rather run the ludicrously slim risk of death by terrorist attack (though how is chips in U.S. citizens going to take a serious bite out o' terrorism) than have the man know where I am at all times. **** that man, **** that.
What about payphones being "tapped" for certain words?
good points.

The Mullinator said:
Heh, don't make me laugh. Even if world governments were to take away all of our freedoms and keep track of us through implanted chips do you really think that most hackers would use those things for the benefit of the population?

if you'd pay them! but hey maybe some hackers are nice guys, who knows!? :upstare:

He_Who_Is_Steve said:
NO...the Elvis in the grave is a clone made BY the aliens to cover up them taking him away...jeez, get it straight.

:D :cheers: :E

Death.Trap said:
:D :cheers: :E
Thanks, man. I just get so pissed off when people try to debate without all the facts... :rolling:

Do any of you have cell phones? Yes? Then you already have a tool that allows the government to acquire your relative position (to a few hundred feet) whenever they want. Would a chip be much different?

As long as it never directly affected me (and no one else could buy the information) I personally would never know it was there. Personally I'd love if the police could catch every criminal, and think that the benefits would outway the risks.

Now if they added a mike and camera or gave out the information to just anyone then I'd say it's a bad idea.

DSDchemE said:
Do any of you have cell phones? Yes? Then you already have a tool that allows the government to acquire your relative position (to a few hundred feet) whenever they want. Would a chip be much different?

Cell phone: Certain models (not all) can be tracked, providing they are on, and connected to their respective satellites. They are run by companies, can be switched off, can be gotten rid of, are not mandatory. They are also external.

Chip: It's always on and used for tracking your location. You can't turn it off, you can't take it out, everyone must have one, and worst of all, the government is in control of the whole system.

Quite a few differences.

That would suck if the technician botched the wiring, and you died of electrocution; or everyone developed a tumor because of these things; or one well-placed EMP blast and well...

Back