At least the nitrous was good...

Takaitokuten

Reaction score
I just got 4 wisdom teeth out today! :)
I know others on the board probably have, so... any tips etc. blah blah blah
Also, I was trying to decide if smoking would be harmless to my gaping bloody sockets.

Oh noes!!! tehy stoled yuor wisdom!!! :O

What sort of tips do you need?

Even if smoking isn't harmful to your gaping bloody sockets, it's harmful to the rest of you, so just don't do it :thumbs:

Takaitokuten said:
Also, I was trying to decide if smoking would be harmless to my gaping bloody sockets.

I would have thought it'll be as harmful as usual to your gums etc.

So f**k it, go for a ciggy!

It doesn't sound like a great idea to me, but I don't know

I had 4 pulled, one of the most miserable few weeks of my life. I couldn't eat a steak for over 30 days. My guy kinda hacked me up a bit. They told me not to smoke so I waited a few days for the major pain to go away and the bleeding to stop before I smoked.

Good luck.

I decided ages ago that i wasn't going to have wisdom teeth, so I didn't.

I don't wish to insult, but don't you think you should have asked your dentist for this kind of advice. After all he/she was there at the time (I hope).

You have to get your wisdom teeth pulled out if you are unfortunate enough to get because we're not really supposed to get them, they're left overs from the cro magnon days. They're not supposed to come in but some people get them, back in the day when we were cave men we ate a lot of meat and had different jaw structures so we required larger teeth to help us eat, but now we have vegetables and what not so our jaws and teeth are smaller. If you leave your wisdom teeth in you run the risk of having your teeth near the front of your mouth becoming crooked and sometimes wisdom teeth will grow out sideways causing a lot of pain.

I've got 4 wisdom teeth too, no problems at all. Guess we just have big mouths, Farrow :LOL:

/me looks at Farrowlesparrow's post count ... hmmm......

Actually we measured at school and I had the biggest mouth in the class. That was a shock to everyone since I hardly spoke, ever, at school.

I have jittery fingers, thats why my post count is so high :p

I can say that I have my wisdom teeth as well, without any problems to report...yet

yea, i had to get mine pulled. I got put to sleep for it, on man does that feel crazy when you wake. I was staring at the floor in my wheelchair (i was unable to walk) for what felt like 30 seconds, turns out it was more like 10 minutes. The whole drive home, i was still outta it.

I have tiny little wisdom teeth that are sortof half in the gums, they only hurt sometimes when the gums on top of them get irritated.

Yay for wisdom teeth?
I have 3
My 4th is coming in soon
I hope I don;t have to get them pulled :x

My teeth have been fine since I got wisdoms...
Cause you english have disgusting teeth anyway ;)

I got my wisdom teeth out. 70% or so of people have 1 or more, or so my dentist told me. Unfortunatly, once you get your braces off, they come in all crookedy and **** up my beautiful front teeth. So, I get them removed. It was fun.

Tips? Dont use straws and sleep a lot. Its very easy after a couple days :)

what I did was stuff some gauze in the hole whenever I'd have a smoke. Not exactly a full-proof plan, but it seemed to work for me.

Incidently, this reminds me of something I learnt in Biology.

Did you know that Humans are now no longer classed as Herbivores, Carnivores or Omivores?

Where are we? I'll let you think that one over :p

I had my wisdom teeth removed a few years ago. I was on Valium before the operation to calm me down. Next thing I know, I wake up in a recliner chair with a blanket on me with tons of gauze packed into my mouth. I was eating soup and jello for a while after that.

I'll never forget when the nurses had to pull the packing gauze out of the remaining tooth pockets. After they removed my teeth, they stuffed the holes with gauze to absorb the blood and fluids. It was the most awful feeling when they pulled them out. It created the sensation of suction and I could feel the tubes of gauze sliding out of what remained of my gums. That was a sensation I could have done without. :(

Venmoch said:
Incidently, this reminds me of something I learnt in Biology.

Did you know that Humans are now no longer classed as Herbivores, Carnivores or Omivores?

Where are we? I'll let you think that one over :p
Why aren't we omnivores?

satch919 said:
I had my wisdom teeth removed a few years ago. I was on Valium before the operation to calm me down. Next thing I know, I wake up in a recliner chair with a blanket on me with tons of gauze packed into my mouth. I was eating soup and jello for a while after that.

I'll never forget when the nurses had to pull the packing gauze out of the remaining tooth pockets. After they removed my teeth, they stuffed the holes with gauze to absorb the blood and fluids. It was the most awful feeling when they pulled them out. It created the sensation of suction and I could feel the tubes of gauze sliding out of what remained of my gums. That was a sensation I could have done without. :(

mega-ugh... i know how this feels. and then you get that crappy feeling when you move your tounge around, the gaps where your teeth were taste all meaty and they feel all soft :x

RakuraiTenjin said:
Why aren't we omnivores?

Omnivores are animals that eat fresh meat and plants. As in they go out kill something then eat it afterward.

We don't however, we wait a bit and first have to prepare it for consumption and then usually we're eating something that has been around for a bit and has started decomposing. (A very small amount of decomposition though.) What this means is that we're in the same group as items like Fungi.

Woo, I'm a fungi!

I Think my wisdom teeht are starting to come through. I think the dentist said mine wouldn't have to be removed when he x-rayed my mouth.

my wisdom teeth are still growing :D, I can feel it with my tounge, lots of room so I don't see why I'd need to have it removed

Takaitokuten said:

I'm getting mine out first day school ends, it's gonna suck to be in pain first thing this summer :(

Smoking is the biggest scam ever. A company sells a product that does not really give u a high, is addictive so its hard to stop, stinks to high heaven, and ruins ur lungs, puts u at risk of heart attack and death.....and people pay for this privilege. A director on the Board of RJ Reynolds (Marlboro man) said:

'We reserve the right to smoke for the young, the black, the poor and the stupid.'

"Hey I've got this great idea... lets take this plant here, grind it up, put it in a box or something. Then whenever we feel the urge we can snort it up our noses"
"Yeah...Yeah and we can roll it into bits of paper and...and suck on them."
"Better yet... set them on fire and then suck on them."

Farrowlesparrow said:
"Hey I've got this great idea... lets take this plant here, grind it up, put it in a box or something. Then whenever we feel the urge we can snort it up our noses"
"Yeah...Yeah and we can roll it into bits of paper and...and suck on them."
"Better yet... set them on fire and then suck on them."

:LOL: It probably was something like that. On topic, I havent been the dentist for aaaages. Id probably go again if he didnt rant about my teeth not being perfectly straight. Hes obsessed I tells ya!

Farrowlesparrow said:
Why do so many people get their wisdom teeth pulled anyway?
Isn't it obvious? The US government do not want smart to people to find out the truth. That they are actually smart guys/gals that could possible overthrow the current regime ;) *conspiracy nut*

This is bizzare, I never had a problem with my wisdom teeth. If you pull them out, how will you able to eat things like steak?

havn't had my wisdom teeth removed, they came in nice and perfect-like.

hurrah me! hurrah!

Back