Atari Comes to Steam

Ennui

The Freeman
Reaction score
Valve sent us this press release today, heralding Atari's debut on Steam, with an entire range of popular titles added to Steam's catalog.

March 12, 2008- Atari, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATAR), one of the world's most recognized brands and a third-party video game publisher and distributor, and Valve today announced an agreement to bring a variety of PC games from the Atari catalog to Steam, a leading platform for the delivery and management of PC games and digital content with over 15 million accounts around the world. "Atari is excited to team up with Steam and deliver great games through a digital platform that our fans have asked for," said Nizzi Renaud, Vice President of Online Entertainment, Atari, Inc. "We look forward to making an extensive collection of games, across many genres, available to Steam's extensive, globally-connected community."

The new games available today include Act of War, Desperados 2, ArmA: Combat Operations, Indigo Prophecy, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, and others.

Also...

In the coming weeks, The Witcher?, the award winning RPG of 2007, Neverwinter NightsT 2 and the expansion pack NeverWinter NightsT 2: Mask of the Betrayer - the sequel to one of the best-selling and genre-defining role-playing games ever - will also be added to Atari's Steam lineup.

I wonder if Indigo Prophecy/Fahrenheit will run with Vista through Steam.

Heh excellent Job on the Witcher coming, worth getting if you haven't played it already.

I think it's not available here..when I click "Atari now on Steam" it brings me to a page with nothing in it but a "undefined" message..

I wanted to buy Rollercoaster Tycoon :(

Ditto. I've since lost/broken the CD's I had with them...and would like to repurchase them, but they are $20 at Wal-Mart, and those pesky CD's get in the way.

Yeah only North America getting Atari'd right now

Indigo Prophecy!!! Finally get to play this game. Been waiting for this to show up on steam forever. Btw Act of War is good but the expansion is ****ing horrible. Have both retail versions.

EDIT: Downloading Indigo Prophecy now. Woot!

If I have a retail copy of Neverwinter Nights 2, would the xpac install flawlessly if I purchase it through Steam?

NA only sucks
I like to think of it as the North Americans acting as our personal guinea pigs to make sure the downloads aren't broken! ;)

Well, it might not be true, but it makes the wait a bit more bearable...

I currently have Act of War on DVD, which isn't actually mine. I keep meaning to get around to continue playing it. It doesn't seem to satisfy me quite as much as other games.

What no pong?

I thought the original Atari went bust, so Infogrames hijacked the name trademark?

I am also interested to see if Indigo/Fahrenheit will run in Vista on Steam.

If anybody didn't know, it IS possible to install retail indigo/fahrenheit to HD on Vista, but you still can't play it :p
It is one of those benchmark games whereby the installation and .exe was supported in XP, and then Vista comes along and the Installation is broken and you can't even play the damn game. Reminds me when Constructor wasn't supported by win98

Do we know when the rest of the world will get to play Atari games on Steam?

Back