Ati Coupon Holder Plz Read

r1y23

Reaction score
knowing valve and vug i just want to say i dont think we should be getting our hopes up to get silver and we are definatly not getting gold.

my prediction..
bronze.

Bronze is all you were promised. In fact, it's more than you were promised.

Technically the coupon only entitles you to a free copy of Half-Life 2. And it doesn't look like there is a package which contained only Half-Life 2, but the closest one is the bronze. So bronze it is

Edit: Feath beat me to it

youre getting hl2 AND cs:S

pretty good deal for FREE.

ya i know i was just trying to keep people from posting "WTF VALVE?!" posts after they figure out they just get bronze.

I wonder if we could upgrade to any of the other packages ..I really want DoD:S, dont care about the rest. Maybe somebody should email Valve and ask?

dod:s is what i want too but ill just pay 20 bucks to upgrade i guess.

r1y23 said:
dod:s is what i want too but ill just pay 20 bucks to upgrade i guess.

can we upgrade? we dont know that for sure ..I dont want to buy the game twice

we could probally buy it in a single package cause i really dont want hl souce that bad

I've emailed Gabe about upgrading, as I expect have thousands of others.

I expected to at least get DoD:Source dammit...

A free mod should freaking stay free. I'll be happy if I have to pay for CS2 or DoD2 or whatever, but DoD:S is asking a bit too much...

css is halflife2's multiplayer, so in fact it IS part of hl2

Yeah, we didn't get more, we got what we should have.

What irks me is that they're trying to charge more for something like DoD:S, am I alone in feeling kind of ripped off because Valve is taking a good mod we would have gotten for free and charging for it?

Too bad we can't trade in CS:S mp for dod:s when it's released. I could care less about CS:S.

Bronze, however, you can always 'upgrade' to an other I guess, by paying a small amount of money.

Im just gonna be optimistic and say that us ati coupon holders are gonna get the silver! :bounce:

really now guys. don't make it sound like you're getting cs:source extra. and that its more than they should get. valve has always said that hl2 has a multiplayer, so cs:source is necessary. could you imagine if valve released a huge game like hl2 with no multiplayer? That would be insane.

why else wouls there be a bronze level, except for promo items, like the sort of packages that are thrown in with vid cards...heck, usually, with a vid card package, you don't even get printed instructions!
i'm more than happy with bronze. CS;S is an added bonus. If i play the game, and it is as good as i expect, i'll go out and buy a retail copy, or a full one off of STEAM. the more money i give, the more they have for HL3!

cadaveca said:
CS;S is an added bonus.

How is CS:S an added bonus? It's part of HL2. It's like buying a car and then rejoicing that it comes with doors. The doors are part of the package, not an added bonus. I'm not complaining about "only" getting HL2, but I don't see how CS:S can be considered "extra."

Cs:S is not really an added bonus... It says right on the voucher that it is for hl2 AND hl2 Multiplayer, meaning cs:s since there is no hl2dm. So really there is nothing we are getting more then it says other then maybe the cs:s beta which we deserved anyways. I think voucher people should get at least silver because we waited so friggen long with the stupid thing.

I bougth my 9800xt exclusively for HL2, if I knew it was going to be delayed I would've waited and I could've got a x800 for the same amount of money today.... so I think we deserve more than cheap Bronze...

I just want to here for VLAVe what packages I well be getting, I will not just assume to be getting bronze, silver or gold. Remember when you assume you make an ass out of u and me.

If it is just bronze please VALVe just tell me so I can be ready to upgrade when/if I have the ability to.

come on, voucher holders,. keep this poll above water. Lets keep it floating for at least a day or two. Theres a lot less of us so we need to be vocal.

Back