ATI Driver Problems

Reaction score
I don't want to have to post this here, but ati support won't respond to me so i'm hoping someone here with an ATI Radeon 9600XT can help me out.

i currently upgraded to Windows XP service pack 2 which I'm assuming comes with .NET Version 1.1 Framework. this file is required for a current driver for ati video cards. i downloaded the driver update and installed it on my computer, but it came up with an error message dealing with the file cli.exe and CLI.exe. everything else seemed to install fine and when i restarted my computer, everything seemd to be working ok. so i don't know what happened and if i'm all set with my drivers or not. anyone else have this problem?

Same problem here, pushit.

I'm not sure if SP2 came with .NET 1.1 (I had it beforehand), but I do know there has been an update for it since I upgraded (SP2). In any case, only the Catalyst Control Center requires that; You can still get the ones with the regular control panel (assuming this is your problem, which I'm not so sure about).

I second the Omega Drivers recommendation. Solid stuff, never had a problem.

^ that's not a solution considering he already downloaded the serivce pack.......

if heared its only with certain chipset
nforge III if i'm right

I have huge problems (Club3D Radeon 9600XT) with both the new Catalysts and the lates Omegas; after installing those almost every texture in CSS gets corrupted with a pink chess-board like reflection. No problems with FarCry or any other game and the drivers. Currently I'm sticking to the Cat 4.9 but I will eventually have to upgrade them. Any solutions? Will I just have to sit here praying VALVe/ATI for an update?

Muhwi: Yes obviously until the 4.11's come out or maybe the 5.0's.... The 4.10's busted a lot of game support like Call of Duty: United Offensive freezes during multiplayer about 2 minutes into playing.... Just sit on the 4.9's for a little while longer

I have a 9600XT

Do Not Get Catalyst Control Center

IT IS TERRBILE :p

just downlaod the basic drivers then you do not need the net 1.1 framework

also it opens horrifically slowly

1) downlaod driver cleaner
2) Unplug your internet connection
3) uninstall ALL your drivers
4) restart your pc into safe mode
5) run driver cleaner and empty your recyle bin
6) start up pc in norm and install drivers i using ati 4.10 works fine
7) Restart with internet plugged in and your away
:cheers:

yea this is eeasy to fix, just do a custom update from the xp update website system thing and install .net framework

Back