ATI Radeon 9550

N

NourAge

Hi...

I want to knew what driver is the best for my "Asus ATI Radeon 9550" (catalyst,omega,dna,...)

when I run HL2 on me current driver&OC vga with all optiens at the top but the filtering are (@ $# $%^&*!!) there was some glitches & some artifacts ,so:

My Pc specification:

CPU: P4 3.0E GHz (Prescott) / 800 FSB / 1MB L2 Cach / Hyper-Threading (2 CPUs) / SSE 3
CPU Cooler: PcCooler PA7C-38CuAl (~3500 rpm)
Memory: 1024MB DDr Dule Channel PC3200 (400 FSB): 2*256 SpekTec + 2*256 Elixir
MoBo: Asus P4P800-SE
HDD: Maxtor 160 GB SATA / 7200 RPM / 8 MB Cach
Grafic Card: Asus ATI Radeon 9550 (A9550GE/TD) 128 MB/128 Bit / Default:running @(250 MHz core/200*2 MHz memory)
CD/DVD Drive: Asus CD-D 52X + Lg COMBO-D CD-RW/DVD 52/32/52/16
Monitor: Lg 17" Flatron F700B
Kyboard/Mouse/Game Pad/Case/PSU/Cooling: Creative Prodikys (Pc/Midi Keyboard) , Mercure (Optical/Scroll/5 Buttons) , e-Shock (2 Axes / 2 Sticks / 12 Buttons / Vibration) , SpaceWalker (handle) , Omega mega 450W , 2 Standard Fans
System: Win Xp SP1

VGA OC:running @ (420.16 MHz core/286.88*2 MHz memory) / Omega driver 2.6.25a
3D Mark2001 se v330: 13525
3D Mark2003 v360 : 3809
3D Mark2005 v120: 1670

waiting for replay ,comment ,rating, for my pc,by...

First thing that pops into my head is OCing and Artifacts. Try going back to stock. Also, the 9550 isn't the kind of card that would be able to handle high settings well in a demanding game like HL2. As for drivers, I've always used ATI's offical drivers and rarely had any issues.

I enjoy the DNA's but thats my 9600XT..so not sure about yours

But follow ASUS words...go back to stock, cause OCing and Artifacts in the same sentance are bad. :p

i have a 9550 and the omega drivers caused me problems, reverting back to the official ATI catalyst ones reverted my game to normal.

Asus said:
First thing that pops into my head is OCing and Artifacts. Try going back to stock. Also, the 9550 isn't the kind of card that would be able to handle high settings well in a demanding game like HL2. As for drivers, I've always used ATI's offical drivers and rarely had any issues.

Same here, the only reason I can think of you getting artifacts is by using software that boosts the power of your GC (i.e. increasing your 4x pipeline card to make it a 8x pipeline, which my 9800SE card cannot handle)

I can see someone likes their computer a bit too much...surely there was no need to know all that ??

Asus said:
First thing that pops into my head is OCing and Artifacts. Try going back to stock. Also, the 9550 isn't the kind of card that would be able to handle high settings well in a demanding game like HL2.
If Asus hadnt said it, I would.

But honestly, get a better gfx, the current one is a bottlenneck m8.

Also It would be wise to get SP2, as long as you do it while doing a fresh install theres no issues.

Sgt.Murray said:
I can see someone likes their computer a bit too much...surely there was no need to know all that ??
Yes it is quite important, especially for technical issues like this.

meh, i still cosnider it to be pointless but hey thats me.

Stock Drivers and Stock Speeds.
But i don't think your card is adequet for HL2; it's not worthy of the rest of you system specs. If you're a cheap person just get a 9600XT. (but let's not turn this into a "which graphics card to buy thread"...i hate those)

Back