Autodesk aquires Alias

Lucky for all of us Maya users 3dsMax will be the product that will be phased out. It was long over-do though, and 3dsMax was going to need a complete rewrite if it wanted to compete with any of the next generation applications.

we need real time rendering in the viewport (if games can do it, so should 3D applications!) :p
but yes, i just read it myself on CGtalk, will be cool to see the next few years and see what it gets mixed into. 3DYamaMax ftw!

Stieffers said:
Lucky for all of us Maya users 3dsMax will be the product that will be phased out. It was long over-do though, and 3dsMax was going to need a complete rewrite if it wanted to compete with any of the next generation applications.
if you didnt read right ...autodesk bought alias ...so im thinking that theyre going to phase out maya and move out the research and features into a brand new version of max ...more or less maya with a different name ..thats the logical conclusion.

I hope they keep 3dsmax, but change it's name to Maya, because it's hard looking for tutorials on google, do you type 3dsmax, 3ds max, 3d studio, studio max??? ARGH.

That's a weird one,, I know that EA is knee deep in maya and wouldnt simply change to max because they've coded a TON of custom in house tools in MEL script

They might just simply continue to make both and work on a 3rd in the backround.. I heard Alias was working on a new line of 3d products about a year ago, maybe that has something to do with it?

StardogChampion said:
I hope they keep 3dsmax, but change it's name to Maya, because it's hard looking for tutorials on google, do you type 3dsmax, 3ds max, 3d studio, studio max??? ARGH.
3ds max

I think this is great i have used both products and all i mainly model in 3dsmax i would love to see some of the cool stuff they have in maya to be integrated into max 8 or w/e, i still cant get over the price of 3ds max 7 imagine how much it is gonna cost when they combine technologies and add more stuff.

mikeandike22 said:
I think this is great i have used both products and all i mainly model in 3dsmax i would love to see some of the cool stuff they have in maya to be integrated into max 8 or w/e, i still cant get over the price of 3ds max 7 imagine how much it is gonna cost when they combine technologies and add more stuff.
max 8 is almost the same as 7. i saw 3ds max 8 at the autodesk stand at a traid fair.

-dodo

Back