Baby picture in Gordons locker

PJ

Tank
Reaction score
At the beginning of Half Life 1, when Gordon visits his locker in Black Mesa, there is a picture of a baby.
Does this mean he is already married/ has a girlfriend and has a son/daughter, or is it something else like his baby cousin or something.
However if it is his son/daughter, why in HL2 and eps does Eli hint on Gordon and Alyx getting together.

I just though this was interesting.:D

It's Gordon's niece, the daughter of JOHN FREEMAN WHO WAS GORDON FREEMANS BROTHER

His wife could have died in the 7 hour war, or like Eli's wife, in black mesa

Maybe Gordon Freeman, like most young professionals starting their career to the top, had a young family.

That'll probably destroy some of our more gayer members but we must accept the fact that young successful career men who aren't city finance douches tend to marry their college sweethearts.

Har har. It's baby of a Valve employee.

Darkside is joking. He's quoting HALF-LIFE: FULL-LIFE: CONCIQUENCES: AN EPIC FAN FICTION!

Gordon's letter of employment (HL manual) states that he is unmarried and without dependants. It's probably a niece or a friend's child.

At the beginning of Half Life 1, when Gordon visits his locker in Black Mesa, there is a picture of a baby.
Does this mean he is already married/ has a girlfriend and has a son/daughter, or is it something else like his baby cousin or something.
However if it is his son/daughter, why in HL2 and eps does Eli hint on Gordon and Alyx getting together.

I just though this was interesting.:D

Alyx is Eli's daughter. Alyx Vance Eli Vance and the fact she calls him dad makes that obvious, and also makes it ok for Gordon and Alyx getting together. But as Acid said it's just an Easter egg of a baby of a Valve employee and nothing more.

Laidlaw actually DID say it was either a niece or nephew.

i have just realised. in EP2 in the office near the end of the game where you find out about the boriellis ship, there is a picture of Eli and his wife and a baby Alyx - that baby looks exactly like the baby in the locker in HL1

so the picture of the baby in the locker is of a baby Alyx (so Gordon is actually about 27 years older than Alyx but since he was frozen/put in a time lock by the gman, he hasn't aged- so it seems alright for alyx and gordon to get together)

Besides would it not be slightly perverted to have a pic of some one elses kid in your locker?

It's Gordon's niece, the daughter of JOHN FREEMAN WHO WAS GORDON FREEMANS BROTHER

I'm sorry lol. That just made me laugh really loud, I'm waiting for one of my family members to rush in and ask if I'm ok. :LOL: :LOL::LOL::LOL: XD

here is the comparison of the photograph in the locker (HL1) and in eli's office in EP2

Left=EP2.........Right=HL1

they are pretty similar don't you think?!

Wrong, read the thread. Read. Thread. Read!

now you've seen the image proof, do you still think I am wrong?

It is a picture of baby alyx in the locker - it still could be one of valves employees relatives, but it later became baby alyx as it is the same baby in the pic of EP2, which is definatly alyx as it is Eli and his wife holding her.

Wow, they really are!!!

damn right!

So what does this mean? Gordon came from the future or the past? o_O
it means gordon was frozen by the gman at the end of HL1 for many years, until he was unfrozen for HL2

(when i say frozen i mean put in a time lock - same thing :) )

How come he doesn't seem to remember Alyx in Half life 2? When he just only met her in the building when Alyx saved him.

cos gordon cant talk - we dont really know if he remembers her after being frozen - she would only have been a small child (would't she?)

if you are still confused about some parts of how the hl games link, start a thread - i am not an expert - look only 11 posts!

no i signed up on the 1st jan - if you signed up today you've done alot of posts LOL. in the uk its only 11:50

It's 8:05 p.m for me. School reopens tomorrow. 2 months and 15 days of holiday is over already. :x

Dudes, you derailed this thread. Completely. And i don't see them similar.

I, for one, find the idea that it's Alyx in the picture horrifying. "Hey I had pictures of you as a baby in my locker at work back in the day, but now you're ripe for some baby-makin' yourself and you're totally flirting with me"

creepy as ****

Now do you see my point?! NOW DO YOU SEE?! Like , how strange would that look if they did locker inspection or something. On a side note the two photos look nothing alike so I don't know what the dong everyone here is smokin'.

Besides, that would make Gordon's sexuality rather... controversial. Single and with a stranger's kid photo in a locker?

I, for one, find the idea that it's Alyx in the picture horrifying. "Hey I had pictures of you as a baby in my locker at work back in the day, but now you're ripe for some baby-makin' yourself and you're totally flirting with me"

creepy as ****

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

It is really perverted, but we dont know what going on in gordons mind - he can speak.:naughty:
Its what Eli would have wanted anyway(Gordon and Alyx getting together - not Gordon turning out to be a stalker).

RIP Eli Vance ;(

Back