Bad news for france.

CptStern said:
so you're openly admitting you're racist?
race? being french is a race? is being canadian a race? i didnt think so. i cant believe everyone is all uppity about people hating the french. no one hates the french, its an urban legend. even i dont hate the french, im just trying to initiate conversation between myself and stern.

innervision.. there is no double standard. i just retaliate against countries (if you think im serious about the french in this instance, see above) who show such hate of my own. i dont even particularly like bush, im just willing to take the "unpopular" viewpoint, because its fun.

CptStern said:
I've said "some" in the past :E. My comments were mostly directed at a certain type of american in our community
OMFG U RACEIST

gh0st said:
race? being french is a race? is being canadian a race? i didnt think so. i cant believe everyone is all uppity about people hating the french. no one hates the french, its an urban legend. even i dont hate the french, im just trying to initiate conversation between myself and stern.

innervision.. there is no double standard. i just retaliate against countries (if you think im serious about the french in this instance, see above) who show such hate of my own. i dont even particularly like bush, im just willing to take the "unpopular" viewpoint, because its fun.

OMFG U RACEIST

Sooooo..... Basically... you're saying you're just debating and saying, "I don't like the French, they suck", for sh¡ts and giggles out of sheer bordem? Well, if that's the case, must be the end of this discussion.

MadHatter said:
Sooooo..... Basically... you're saying you're just debating and saying, "I don't like the French, they suck", for sh¡ts and giggles out of sheer bordem? Well, if that's the case, must be the end of this discussion.
to tell you the truth i enjoy seeing sterns reaction.

gh0st said:
race? being french is a race? is being canadian a race? i didnt think so i cant believe everyone is all uppity about people hating the french. no one hates the french, its an urban legend.

oops sorry, Francophobia

C'mon, man, French bashing is almost like a National Pastime here in the States. It's good, harmless fun. I mean, just look at them, they have funny accents, they look down their noses at Americans, they have an annoying habit of surrendering without provocation, and they think Jerry Lewis is a comedic genius. There's just too much material there NOT to poke fun. Get a grip.
I actually would like to visit France, lots of history there.

i don't see how this is "bad news for france". since when does the whole african continent hold a chance against france?

oh and- french people have a funny accent? here's the news: it's totally possible for a frenchman to learn english and sound like he was born in an english place with no accent whatsoever which is my case, or at least would be if i had the occasion to speak english outside the internet more often. but the opposite in impossible. don't believe me? go talk to someone who knows french good, and tell him to pronounce the letter U in french. then try to say it. just a letter. i bet that you'll give up before succeeding :)

maybe it's not impossible but i don't think i have ever saw an englishman without a huge-ass accent when attemping to speak french. however when we speak english it's barely noticeable that we are french.

YOU have a funny accent :)

by the way it's really alright that americans make fun of France. seems quite fair since the whole damned world now has America as it's primary joke target :D

trizzm said:
i don't see how this is "bad news for france". since when does the whole african continent hold a chance against france?
france sure had its hands full with trying to colonize africa back in the day, im fairly sure countries like egypt, or libya, or south africa, hold a decent chance against... france

trizzm said:

oh and- french people have a funny accent? here's the news: it's totally possible for a frenchman to learn english and sound like he was born in an english place with no accent whatsoever which is my case, or at least would be if i had the occasion to speak english outside the internet more often. but the opposite in impossible. don't believe me? go talk to someone who knows french good, and tell him to pronounce the letter U in french. then try to say it. just a letter. i bet that you'll give up before succeeding :)

maybe it's not impossible but i don't think i have ever saw an englishman without a huge-ass accent when attemping to speak french. however when we speak english it's barely noticeable that we are french.

YOU have a funny accent :)

by the way it's really alright that americans make fun of France. seems quite fair since the whole damned world now has America as it's primary joke target :D

I beg to differ, sir. I am from the Midwest, and have no accent. People from the northern states like Minnesota have an accent. People from the south, like Georgia, have an accent. I have none.
Trust me. :p

Hapless said:
I beg to differ, sir. I am from the Midwest, and have no accent. People from the northern states like Minnesota have an accent. People from the south, like Georgia, have an accent. I have none.
Trust me. :p
Quoted for truth.Even tho ours may sound funny....girls sure as hell like it! :thumbs:

I will use my amazing psychic abilities to determine that in this thread, I will see kids from America crying: "omg teh freanch are teh suxorz lolllololl??+++"

... and I was partially right!

Back