Baldur's Gate?

Alright, I'm intrigued once again.

Let's see if this the dawn of new old-school games. BG3 and Wasteland 2 are forbidden dreams, and I'm really excited about the upcoming XCOM, hoping they are doing it right.

While the TuTu, Widescreen and other mods certainly help play BG on modern machines, there are still some clunky engine and interface quirks (especially with multiplayer) that could be improved greatly by a team with access to the original code. So a relaunch is still exciting to me! ..also any new Minsc vocal content is a reason to celebrate!!

http://www.baldursgate.com/index.en.html
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/07/26/baldurs-gate-enhanced-edition-pricing-release-date-announced

Baldur's Gate -- Enhanced Edition is coming to iOS and Mac OSX this September, Windows on September 18th and Android sometime to be determined. The mobile versions of the game will retail for US $9.99, while the OSX and Windows versions will be priced at $19.99.

Enhanced Edition will include the following new characters:
  • A monk named Rasaad yn Bashir, who will join your party and add "a new playable adventure."
  • A Wild Mage named Neera, who will be a part of your party and add "an engaging romantic adventure" with "up to four hours of additional gameplay."
  • The Blackguard Dorn II-Khan, who joins your party adding additional gameplay and a kit to, "create your own champion of evil."
Also included are a number of improvements to the resolution, interface and core code. New cinematics and a new adventure have been created,as has a new interface for the iOS versions. Perhaps most importantly, longtime fans of Baldur's Gate 2 will be happy to find out that the improvements the sequel brought to the game -- including class kits and subraces -- will be integrated into the Enhanced Edition.
One of the biggest new improvements is going to to be multiplayer that works well/easily :D

New Adventure:
The Black Pits

"Rouse yourselves, you lice-laden layabouts. Stand and salute your new master, Baeloth the Entertainer!"

Across the realms, individuals of great power and prestige receive a scroll via magical means. Unfurling it, they discover that they have been selected as one of the very few to enjoy the finest forms of entertainment in all creation...
Come one, come all! Baeloth the Entertainer cordially invites you to the greatest spectacle the realms have to offer - mortal pitted against mortal in a desperate bid to survive! Thrilling combat, scintillating magic, and the grim spectre of death lurk above this, the greatest of all shows! All this and more can be enjoyed within... THE BLACK PITS!
Deep within the Underdark where few dare to tread, the mad drow Baeloth has used his extensive mastery of magic to force a duergar colony into creating an entertainment complex of his own design. He has invited guests from across the realms, from Maztica to Menzoberranzan, and they will readily attend - Baeloth is known to be an excellent showman.

The Black Pits is one of the enhancements that make upBaldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition that allows you to create a full party and battle through fifteen hellish battles in a desperate bid to escape. Difficult challenges, unique battles, and a bizarre cast of characters await you within the Underdark!
• A stand-alone adventure set deep within the Underdark
• Fifteen levels of arena-style combat challenges
• Full control and customization of up to six party members
• Over 6 hours of additional gameplay
The Black Pits are your new home... enjoy your stay while you can!

SQUEEEEE! It's just hit Steam! Oh man, there goes my life for the next month :S

I've been a gamer for over 20 years and I've never played this game... crazy. Obviously I've heard of it, just never got around to it I guess. But unfortunately for me 20 bucks is a little too much :(

BG is one of the games in my top 3 most played ever.... Along with Diablo 2 and Final Fantasy 7.... The price is a little steep, especially considering I still have the original CD-ROM discs... But its still tempting.... I get paid again in 2 weeks so that's when I'll most likely get it... Or perhaps I should wait a few months until the next Steam Sale hits, see if it gets a 50%-75% off deal... hmmm

Looks like BG:EE is now on Steam, with a one-day 75%-off sale. Well worth the convenience of this edition on Steam for £3.75 methinks.

Already got it when the sale started. Well worth the 3.75, specially since it was paid for by selling trading cards! There are a couple of little 'changes' I'm not keen on, but in all I'm well happy.

Back