Barney From Half-Life has owed me a beer for approximately 17 years.

BabyHeadCrab

The Freeman
Reaction score
Sup with that bullshit Barnie? We give you your own goddamn expansion set and you still haven't given us a beer.

Will we ever see more Half-Life canon? Will I die before I see what the **** happens after Episode 2, a ****ing cliffhanger.

I have a hunch about how this might go down. In Half-Life 3, towards the middle of the game, after you destroyed a Combine Base at the top of a snowy mountain; Barney we'll die trying to protect Gordon or Alyx from some falling obstruction landing on them. As you approach him you see the bottom half of his body is mashed between the obstruction and the ground. Unable to move, he jokes about how he didn't think it would end this way. He tells Gordon that you've come to far to give-up now and that his time is up. "You are the only hope for humanity, now. You don't need me anymore, Doc." He says

Combine airships start flying in from all sides to nab the fiends who destroyed their base but before Barney let's you leave he gives you something, his gun. "It's not exactly a beer..." Barney utters "Though I know you'll be able to kick some combine ass with it." Music intensifies as the combine airships begin to close in on Gordon and Alyx. They hop in a Combine Snowmobile and ride off the mountain top in one of the most badass action sequences in the game, dodging enemy snowmobiles, airships, wildlife, and flying debris of the ships Gordon snipes down with his rocket launcher.

@UP
.......... This is now my headcannon :eek: Srlsly, I couldn't wish for a better end for that guy.

Anyway, it would be nice to see him more, he was quite a nice character.... Not because "someone" promised me something........

Naaah, I want that beer, after all I've been through..... I deserve it.
! :arghh:

I have a hunch about how this might go down. In Half-Life 3, towards the middle of the game, after you destroyed a Combine Base at the top of a snowy mountain; Barney we'll die trying to protect Gordon or Alyx from some falling obstruction landing on them. As you approach him you see the bottom half of his body is mashed between the obstruction and the ground. Unable to move, he jokes about how he didn't think it would end this way. He tells Gordon that you've come to far to give-up now and that his time is up. "You are the only hope for humanity, now. You don't need me anymore, Doc." He says

Combine airships start flying in from all sides to nab the fiends who destroyed their base but before Barney let's you leave he gives you something, his gun. "It's not exactly a beer..." Barney utters "Though I know you'll be able to kick some combine ass with it." Music intensifies as the combine airships begin to close in on Gordon and Alyx. They hop in a Combine Snowmobile and ride off the mountain top in one of the most badass action sequences in the game, dodging enemy snowmobiles, airships, wildlife, and flying debris of the ships Gordon snipes down with his rocket launcher.

oh god please

I don't want Barney to die, but that would be awesome.

[looks towards Fistful of Frags]

Pass the whisky...

Back