Barricading the Door - Different Path

X

Xenophus

Suppose instead of leaving the door to take cover, Gordan had stayed and pressed up against the table holding the door, what do you think would have happened?

Would they have still pushed the door open, and Gordan would fall over? Would the guy up the stairs come down? Would the soldiers climb through the window?

Please tell me your thoughts.

I think they will just wait untill you move a way from the door. or maby they have nades and they will trow one in dah window.. you wont know unless you are actually playing it.

Pretty nifty idea there EVIL, wouldnt it be cool if they acctually did that !?:eek:

Maybe they'd double up and kick it at the same time.. I can't wait to find out.

Neither can I

/me klicks on HL2.exe

W00t :p :naughty:

brow.gif

Originally posted by Xenophus
Suppose instead of leaving the door to take cover, Gordan had stayed and pressed up against the table holding the door, what do you think would have happened?

Would they have still pushed the door open, and Gordan would fall over? Would the guy up the stairs come down? Would the soldiers climb through the window?

Please tell me your thoughts.

whos Gordan?

Re: Re: Barricading the Door - Different Path

Originally posted by Mackan
whos Gordan?

"Who's"

Missed out capital "w" and forgot the apostraphe.

Re: Re: Re: Barricading the Door - Different Path

Originally posted by Abom|nation
"Who's"

Missed out capital "w" and forgot the apostraphe.
my spelling is damaged from too much irc usage

Re: Re: Re: Re: Barricading the Door - Different Path

Originally posted by Mackan
my spelling is damaged from too much irc usage

Shouldn't be commenting on other people's mis-spellings then, should we? :p

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Barricading the Door - Different Path

Originally posted by Abom|nation
Shouldn't be commenting on other people's mis-spellings then, should we? :p

well this wasnt a case of misspelling.. he didnt know the main character of half-life was called Gordon.. so i thought he should be informed of that fact :)

Could have been a typo or something. But yeah, if he genuinely doesn't know the proper name of one of gaming's most known about characters, then it's something to worry about.

Sometimes Gordon does sound like its spelt Gordan. It really depends on your accent. To be honest I didn't realise what you meant when you said 'whos Gordan?'. For all you know some people might spell it that way. Take for instance my name is spelt CHRISTOPHER but I have a friend with the same name as me who spells it CHRISTOFFER.

and back to topic....i think the soldiers would do whatever u would expect them to if it was real life. maybe they could kick the door a few times and send u flying on your ass, or throw grenades threw the windows. or come from some back door or whatnot. being as the source is such a powerfull, and great engine, valve woulda thought of things like this. they wouldnt just let the game bugout because u want to play the the physics.

Block the door with those washers in the room and then see what happens, if your lucky maybe the guy kicknig the door will break his leg. :devil:

Originally posted by EVIL
I think they will just wait untill you move a way from the door. or maby they have nades and they will trow one in dah window.. you wont know unless you are actually playing it.
OMG that would be awesome/scary. The AI get restless and starts to use grenades.

/runs and hides

I would think that if you pressed up against the desk that one person would not be able to break inside. They would probably double up on the door and break in, throw grenades or something in the window, or find a door in the back to break into. It would be freaky hearing them stop trying to break open the door and then you hear nothing, maybe a minute later the back door slowly creaks open...

Maybe the AI realizes that you are blocking the door and then tries to shoot you strait through the door.

but thats a big maybe...

Wow thugenstein, i am gald that all the negative things you said about people being retarded and talking about stupid crap and how everything was pointless was all a joke, you really have a fun sense of humour (sarcasm everyone, Thugenstein is a big asshole that will never gain respect from anyone ever) Oh and i think that does sound pretty sweet if they would trhow in some nades or something, that would be taking the AI to a whole new level (which it is supposed to be anyway). I read on a Halo 2 forum some guy was saying how Halo 2 was going to have revolutionary AI like 10 times better than HL2. I am almost tried to find out where he lives to go and shoot him.

Gorden

Anyway, I can't wait for a coop mod to come around. Imagine being caught up in a two or three storied house, with five friends. Your held up there after a huge firefight just down the street. You and a friend are upstairs, the other three on the first floor, pressing bits of furniture against the entrances. You hear the sounds as the soldiers smash against the door, the sounds of them breaking the glass, as they break the door down and begin emptying the rounds into your friends. You hear the bodies hit the floor, and the soldiers reloading. Then, slowly, the footsteps, as they grow louder, and louder, and you know, they're coming for you.....

Back