Battlefield 2 v1.5 - Who's In?

Reaction score
Since the Battlefield forum gets completely swamped by the regular games forum, I'm posting this here.

As some of you know, today, BF2 received its first patch in 2 years. There are several fixes, including widescreen resolutions, balance (J10 in the spotlight) and performance. The patch also comes with the Armored Fury and Euro Forces booster packs for free (!!).

This thread is for the oldies who want to get together again, as well as any newcomers who are interested. Some (including me) think the early release days of this game were the best times HL2.net members have ever had gaming together.

I know you all hate Xfire, but I still can't think of anything better to use to contact each other in game and out. I still have almost everyone on the contact list, just no one uses it. My ID is Viperidae. But if someone has an alternative...

Post here if you're planning on playing again.

Also, if someone would be so kind to inform Pesh...

OK that's fine Viperidae, I hope we get more people interested in this forum.

Can't wait to get playing again, shame the patch is so huge and takes so long to download.

Since BF2 isn't Steam friendly (due to PB too) I suppose it's time to get in the time machine back to xfire days...

xfire: hecticglenn

it's tempting. BF2's a great game, despite all of its flaws
but alas, i've moved on

For downloading, I recommend fileplanet, at least until torrents come out. Despite the waiting, I'd rather have guaranteed 700kb/s than the 60kb/s mirrors.

I already was playing again.

Just created an xfire: mutoidman42 ... some bastard already had it D:

I'm really considering it. How populated is it now?

I Am definitely looking forward to playing it again with this new free content. It's been at least a year the last time i played the game.
I have Special Forces too, by the way.

xfire: TwwIX

I'm up for it, although I don't expect our shenanigans to last more than a week, sadly... everyone has moved on from BF2 to greener pastures.(although, I have yet to play single game that can be classed as a BF killer yet.)

xfire: xlucidxassemblyx

No one has to worry about population either, still over 500 servers and thousands up thousands of players.

Did the patch make it so I'm not a retard who can't jump and push a button?

Seriously, I need to jump when I detonate C4.

I'll probably play, if this patch fixes the myriad of issues I was getting after downloading the complete pack off their site. Last time I tried I couldnt join any servers, and both of my friends couldnt even start the game when they got it.

Can't use any weapons while jumping :/
Well fuck Dice's shit then. I could understand not being able to fire a gun whilst jumping, but pressing a goddamned button? You know how often I need to jump to get away from the tank I just slapped C4 onto? Do you?

This is why man invented the Jihad Buggy. Because of Dice.

Would you guys say Special Forces is worth purchasing seperately?

Seeing as I already own BF2 and get the extra packs with the patch, all that's left is Special Forces.

this game still plays and even looks amazing.

Would you guys say Special Forces is worth purchasing seperately?

Seeing as I already own BF2 and get the extra packs with the patch, all that's left is Special Forces.

Not many servers running the expansion anymore, sadly.
But, if you can find it for under $20 then by all means, get it.

Man, the last time I used xfire was when the Steam Community came out.

My id is: hool10.

Damn BF2 disc is scratched and won't install fully. Just fails at the 'objects.zip' part. FUUUU.

Bots in the BF series are all brain dead, they can't even use grappling hooks or ziplines!

Anyways, just played some with Viperidae and had a blast... I also forgot how terrible I am at the game. :(
Grenades seem to be magnetized to me.

Is there any way I can pass the CD check without sketchy websites or doing illegal stuff? I want to play with the patch but I didn't bring my games collection to Uni, so it's installed--I just don't have the disks. Don't see why they didn't just remove the CD check in 1.5.

If it's installed and patched up to 1.41 and you install the 1.5 patch, it negates any need for the disks.

Dark, even if you wanted to, could you play? Laptop?
I traded in the shitty laptop for a shitty desktop off Craigslist. The shitty desktop can play BF2, I think. Haven't tried. It runs TF2 so I'm sure it can.

Anyway, shitty desktop has a really nice monitor so I'm trying to trade it in for a mediocre/good desktop. I'm just going to keep trading up until I get something of good use.

As soon as I get some free time to uninstall/reinstall BF2 *that's going to be a bitch...* I'll be there.

Is there any way I can pass the CD check without sketchy websites or doing illegal stuff? I want to play with the patch but I didn't bring my games collection to Uni, so it's installed--I just don't have the disks. Don't see why they didn't just remove the CD check in 1.5.
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showpost.php?p=3020910&postcount=47

Also not enough people giving out their xfire. Sure it hurts to use it again, but we must for BF2'age!

xfire: ren182

Add me. Loading the game soon.

omg, i haven't played bf2 in ages. I wonder if I should install it again....

I'm guessing my Xfire is CyberPitz...I honestly have NO clue anymore....we'll assume.

Xfire - evometallicafan

Downloading the new patch now \o/

Goddammit. Anyone find a torrent for the patch? My tubes get clogged from time to time and at this rate I'm never gonna get the Internet that EA is trying to send me.

Back