Battlefield 2 Patch 1.50 on September 1!

You guys have my xfire, so I'll be joining you in game. Lolsquad is coming out of retirement.

I still prefer xfire over Steam when it comes to buddy lists.

I don't see what's wrong with X-Fire, I use it with no problems.

The integrated screenshot and video capabilities are great too.

I've kept the 1.41 update for years now. Knew it'd come in handy again lol.
I'll be installing :)

I'll probably spend tonight uninstalling/reinstalling. Gotta find my install disks somehow.

Good thing I never installed the beta patch.

I didn't expect every soul to shun the beta patch. lol

I just figured since hardly anybody touched the beta for the Highway Tampa patch, this would be the same.
I did install it at one point to check it out and only saw one server, so I did a complete reinstall afterwards.

It's hard to revert to the stone ages when we actually had to download patches. Steam has spoiled me.

It's hard to revert to the stone ages when we actually had to download patches. Steam has spoiled me.

Steam spoiled you with automatic patches that are delayed sometimes several days after a retail patch is released?

I'm all updated to 1.41! I haven't got the latest PB yet though, I have no idea how to install it manually, is it fairly easy?

Wow massive patch and slow down downloading...I'll leave this and be back in 5 hours and 3 minutes. Geez, I'll enjoy this video in the time being.

My DVD won't spin, literally. The computer doesn't recognize it and spits it out again.

fml

Success... sort of.

I think I fixed the stuttering.

Who needs a medic/at?

So exactly what form of runway griefing did they fix in this patch? The TK punish one for letting yourself get run over? What about cartillery?

My DVD won't spin, literally. The computer doesn't recognize it and spits it out again.

fml

You could probably either ask them to send you a new DVD or (no ban plz) acquire an image of it and just use your serial to install it.

fml

I think that's why they removed the dvd check in this patch; it's their way of tacitly acknowledging that the bf2 dvds were of cheap quality. My dvd doesn't work, my friend's doesn't work either, and so many others as can be witnessed online.

Ok these are 5 things that I have noticed in this patch:
  1. Every server is OPERATION BLUE PEARL.
  2. Aiming is still bad but much better than before. I actually feel some people cheat because their aim is too good.
  3. OPERATION BLUE PEARL requires you to hit the enemy when they are a grey fog in the distance. If you don't, you are dead.
  4. Highway Tampa makes my computer laggy.
  5. It still requires 50 bullets to kill somebody, your most accurate gun, a skunk, some bubblegum, and $5 in nickles.

Yeah, it's pretty nice. ;)

Use this. It'll update any game you want.
That was so painless and useful. Much better than any in-game downloader I've used, thanks. I'll stick with this from now on.

Patch has finally downloaded...all 1.9GB of it. Installing and will play tomorrow.

Heh, I just realized that Shakermaker's post in this thread had that same link already D: I'll give him the credit even though my post was independent of his.

Battlefield post # get

I'll be up for some BF2 tomorrow, hit me up on xfire if you see me online.

excellent two hours of gameplay I had yesterday,

Well done Dice!

I'd assume the weekend will be when I can play. Maybe a little bit in the evening, but not a lot!

Got it installed and it runs...but now im getting that stupid punkbuster error. I've dloaded the program and updated it but nothing works. wtf

Surprisingly, my reinstall worked fine. I played a few rounds and it was quite entertaining!

When I launch after patching there's just a black screen. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I deleted my intro movies. I shoulda just renamed them. Anyone have this problem?

I have my intro movies deleted as well and it's working just fine, aside from an incredibly long account log-in.

Indeed, I forgot how long it takes to boot up the game with all the intro messages, I can't remember how to make that quicker.

Playing the patch has been fun though, I just prefer playing with people I know. I love all the new content from the packs I never bought, and I've not seen any dolphin diving since. Apart from that, it still looks beautiful and feels the same really. I'm finding the skill level very high still though, but that's probably more down to me being rubbish.

I might soon have my Mac able to duel boot Windows because I want to play Project Reality, but if enough of y'all are playing this then I'll switch between the two.

Everyone should play PR, though. :p

Back