CS:GO Winter Update Adds New R8 Pistol, Instant Replay

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
While it may have missed out last year, this year's Winter update for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has arrived a little early and has introduced the first new gun in a long while! The new R8 Revolver is an alternate secondary weapon which can be equipped into the same slot as the Desert Eagle. As such, you can imagine it's quite the powerful weapon, capable of easily killing a target in a single hit despite a long trigger-pull. While a standard version of the weapon is available to all players, skinned versions can already be acquired from within the new Revolver Case, among numerous other designs.

R8.png

The update also introduced the new "Killer Replay" feature, allowing players to instantly review how they died in the Casual and Demolition modes. Numerous other improvements added with the update include new servers in Hong Kong, various tweaks to the timings of Competitive Matchmaking games, balance tweaks to the AK-47, M4A4, M4A1-S and numerous pistols, and the return of Holiday Cheer, which rewards players for sending out gifts to other users. Be sure to check out the rest of the recent changes over on the update changelog!

Normally I would be excited about a new gun just like anyone,
( Warning OP talk blah blah blah...."inb4 OP" blah blah)
but it's super OP and that's no fun.
Sure it will get its tweeks and be fixed .....but come on guys, this is so OP that literally the only two explanations are
1. Devs work while drunk
2. It was intentionally made over OP (possibly as a ploy to get people back into the game to try out its op-ness)
460 to the head when the deagle is doing 212 and the p250 is doing 130?????? smh
MXtitsB.jpg

The game files can say ".50" all it wants (even then it should be same as deagle) But the real life gun, the ingame mag capacity, and the bullets in the official illustration all suggest .357

Talking about the way it looks, if you have a different opinion that's totally cool because this is more of a personal thing for each individual but I'm disappointed they went with a r8 that's has rails on the top and bottom of the gun. I just think it would have looked so much more bad ass if they kept it in black and didn't try to go all "tacticool" with the rails and then put literally nothing on them.
1XUCKgE.jpg

Anyways :) It's been a long time since I've been on here

Normally I would be excited about a new gun just like anyone,
( Warning OP talk blah blah blah...."inb4 OP" blah blah)
but it's super OP and that's no fun.
Sure it will get its tweeks and be fixed .....but come on guys, this is so OP that literally the only two explanations are
1. Devs work while drunk
2. It was intentionally made over OP (possibly as a ploy to get people back into the game to try out its op-ness)
460 to the head when the deagle is doing 212 and the p250 is doing 130?????? smh
MXtitsB.jpg

The game files can say ".50" all it wants (even then it should be same as deagle) But the real life gun, the ingame mag capacity, and the bullets in the official illustration all suggest .357

Talking about the way it looks, if you have a different opinion that's totally cool because this is more of a personal thing for each individual but I'm disappointed they went with a r8 that's has rails on the top and bottom of the gun. I just think it would have looked so much more bad ass if they kept it in black and didn't try to go all "tacticool" with the rails and then put literally nothing on them.
1XUCKgE.jpg

Anyways :) It's been a long time since I've been on here

Yeah i don't like the rail too. Too much like the galil.
According to reddit, the it's OP so Valve can sell shitload of skins.

As your resident HL2net veteran who also founded the CSGO subreddit, today has been one HELL of a day.

It's as if they don't even play their own game. The stat trak Fade skin for the R8 is what, 400 dollars now? This update is basically a cash crab while making the game worse. I don't get it.

To be 100% honest, I have always wanted a revolver in counterstrike.

Mostly because I always thought T-side should have some "more-primitive" weapons compared to CT.
if changed the stats could be the comparable to CT's weapons or the current T's weapons or difference made up for with cheapness,
Perhaps...
-A 44 mag revolver would be perfect T-side alternative for the deagle, maybe less recoil for balance
-A double barrel shotgun instead of nova. Only two capacity but maybe you can fire both barrels at once for extreme damage, and cheap
-Along side the AK, there could be a SKS as a very cheap, 10 round, slow reloading, 7.62x39 AK alternative

and for CT side,
- I've always thought a 1911 would be a nice upper end pistol
-The 50 year old Aug design maybe replaced maybe with a modern bullpup like a Tavor.

Back