BattleField 4!

Stormy

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Not seen any BF4 love around here. Whats going on?! The open beta is out tomorrow, should be good trying it out.

I will be there for the beta and I'm looking forward to it. I have been a bf fan since 1942. Personally,1942 and BF2 where their best games. The biggest issue i had with BF3 was the lack of VOIP and I didn't play it much because of that. From the news I have heard they are bringing VOIP back along with other BF2 features like the commander. It saddens me that it wont have any mod support though :/

Hadn't played BF since trying out the BF3 beta briefly and kind of hating it. Just got the full game in the EA humble bundle and more or less confirmed my feelings about it. I'll probably try out the open beta at some point, but I don't see myself liking it unless they've substantially changed the infantry combat, which doesn't look to be the case. Ever since BC2, the hyper fast pace and how crazy accurate the weapons are has more or less completely put me off because of how frustrating it is to die repeatedly to enemies that I either didn't see or couldn't react to quickly enough. There's a certain type of twitch shooter I can still get behind, but it doesn't work for me in a Battlefield game ****ing at all.

Played a decent amount of BF3 but given the small amount of time I have these days and how not-different 4 looks to me, I think I am done with the franchise.

I am hoping that 4 will turn out how 3 should have been.

blah forgot i was in the closed beta, oh well i'll give this one a shot. voip and naval combat are big for me.

No BF game has looked as much as its predecessor as this one. And I've never been as much unexcited for a BF game as now.

Still, I'm going to get it, mostly because a friend I used to play a lot of 2142 with got a new PC and we'll be able to team up again. Also, it's better to play fresh, because after some time mostly only the 100+ rank fanatics play it.

Love that they added Michael Bay lens flares, gray tint and dubstep wub wub music in place of the classic BF theme. Oh, and CoD shooting mechanics.

I have no faith in Mirror's Edge 2 or that new Battlefront game. DICE doesn't know how to design a game anymore.

This is how Mirrors edge 2 will look

I liked the BF1942 for the gameplay. I liked BF2 for the people I played it with. I played Bad Company 2 for a little while until I got bored. Didn't bother with BF3 (I might even own it after that EA humble bundle, but I honestly didn't care enough for me to even remember if BF3 was a part of it).

Call me when it goes back to WWII.

I've liked pretty much every Battlefield game made so far, though 2142 is by far my favourite one to date. I'm less excited about BF4 considering it looks so similar to BF3, but I'll definitely be giving the open beta a try for myself.

I just wish they would implement Titan mode again :(

when people say "it looks the same as bf3" do you mean visually? or in all aspects like game play features? from what i understand the game play is going to be significantly different despite visually looking the same in the game play demos.

I think the visuals definitely have something to do with it feeling similar. There are definitely some graphical improvements, but having the same engine, a similar colour palate and the same modern era does make it seem similar. Commander mode is a nice re-addition, but I feel like it remains to be seen whether some of the other improvements (like the destruction setpieces) have as much of an effect on gameplay as DICE claims they will.

In all honest Levelution looks like largely glorified gimmicks to try and add something new to the game so they'll have another bulletpoint,

Basically levolution is just prerendered/scripted physics not any different than HL2's, but EA is throwing buzzwords around. Like how MOH: Warfighter is "authentic" (in EA's words)

Basically levolution is just prerendered/scripted physics not any different than HL2's, but EA is throwing buzzwords around. Like how MOH: Warfighter is "authentic" (in EA's words)

I don't think anyone is arguing that, of course it's scripted events. The major question is whether there are enough instances/variations on each map to make it meaningful. To me, the collapsing skyscraper was cool and all, but seeing things like collapsing underground tunnels to prevent the passage of tanks above ground shows some potential.

Runs like absolute hell. Hope they do some significant optimization before release.

runs like shit, looks and plays the same, didn't like 3 anyways, -5/10

the charm and flavor of this franchise is long dead, I wish horrible failure upon this game

It ran like crap for me, but my hardware isn't that great. (laptop with an i5, geforce 360m, and 8gb of ram) but if i can recall correctly the bf3 beta wasn't optimized either. The lack of VOIP is mostly what ruined bf3 for me, so if i get a decent computer i may get bf4. Also i didn't notice any hardcore mode, ill be disipointed if they got rid of it.

Wait , how did you get into the beta already BHC?

Not sure, Origin just said I was in "exclusive beta" - it was a code someone from the forums sent me on Steam months ago. It lasts until the 4th. I'd give it away if I could but it's locked to my Origin.

Tried a few matches. Same shit, bigger explosions. Pass.

Mr. Hat for the low price of 120$ (if you buy the Premium pack to not get booted off servers) you too can whatever **** it this series is unarguably complete shit. it even has micro transactions now.

Back