Beat Hazard (360 / PC)

VirusType2

Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASusmLRreXw

I'm probably going to reinstall Steam for this game.
* Unique music driven gameplay
* Gameplay possibilities as vast as your music collection
* Can you last a whole album in Survival Mode?
* 25 Steam achievements
* Compete against friends on Steam leader boards
* Get real time updates via the in game News System
* Take on huge boss ships
* Power up and unleash the deadly Beat Hazard weapon
* Rank up to an Elite rated pilot and beyond
* Includes a kicking rock album to get you started

Now available on Steam.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/49600/
http://store.steampowered.com/news/3701/

More videos: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=beat+hazard&aq=f

Reminds me of Geometry Wars and Asteroids(1979)... on acid.

Thanks to Warped for the tip.

I bought it and I love it but it frequently crashes to desktop when opening my mammoth music folder.

I also bought it last night and it is awesome! I had one crash with the game but overall the hour or so that I played it was a blast. I recommend music that has stop beats like Nine Inch Nails it makes for really unique gameplay. Also Devil Wears Prada is a sick band to play to

I sorted my problem with it. About to try some Survival mode.

Looks gimmicky... a shame that there isn't a demo.

its not gimmicky i want to play it so bad, and i'm about to load it up

That looks fun... for 10 minutes.

Maybe it's better than it looks though.

I just put in about an hour and half into this game. still fun and I'm going to play some more now. Xfire doesn't detect the game yet but anyone know a good and free video capture software program to use to capture some of this game??

edit: almost 2 hrs in and Survival Mode is wicked fun! I love this game and i feel like i got my moneys worth

beathazard.jpg

Sounds kind of like Audiosurf, so I'll probably get it.

Survival mode is actually ridiculously difficult. And it's all about finding an album that is the right speed. I tried it with Prodigy's Invaders Must Die first and it was way too riotous and I died on Omen (track 2). Then I tried it on Laura Marling's Alas I Cannot Swim and my lasers were so ridiculously underpowered I died on the first boss.

Still, itching to play this game again tomorrow.

I played this game all day, its a blast. when I close my eyes I see nothing but flashing lights. Reginald, you should try some heavy metal, you usually get a constant stream of weapon power plus you can just spin in a circle and shoot or rotate around and rack up some serious score. also i'm ranked 155 for Survival Score Top Score in the world

Wow, this is pretty fun.

But **** this game makes my eyes hurt.

I got this for my friend for his birthday and he's loving it... I might end up getting it for myself now...lol

So I decided to get it for myself too... this is a pretty damn fun game. I think it partially has to do with the fact that there are levels to be gained which honestly makes everything better. But I like how it effectively makes each song a level so you can say "hey this song is hard" and it will be that hard each time you play it.

I've found the most difficulty coming when you deal with really soft or quiet songs because you can't seem to get enough damage. That's part of the challenge though. It does feel really epic when you have a big crescendo going on in the song and shit's exploding all over the place.

The game itself plays exactly like Geometry Wars - which was also fun as hell.

The only problems I have is that it totally said it had coop which it doesn't... but I think that may only be on Xbox. Also, if you have your music mostly in one folder (like I do) it will take you an eternity to scroll through it and it loads each track name each time you finish. I suppose a simple solution would be to let windows media player or something organize it in to folders... but I haven't done that.

It's a hell of a time though. I found myself just smiling at the crazy shit happening in front of me. Don't play it if your epileptic though.

Been playing more again today. I wish it showed, like in Audiosurf, what scores others have got around the world for the song you played though.

Been playing more again today. I wish it showed, like in Audiosurf, what scores others have got around the world for the song you played though.

It shows you stuff from people on your friends list in a little RSS feed. I know it ranks you too but I Haven't checked lately. My friend is/was in the top 20 for 3-4 minute songs... I have no idea where I am.

Not many people have it yet, and the people who play it a lot/find a song that gives a massive amount of points fast get high on the leader boards fast.

A lot of songs give a lot of points. Basically anything you play successfully that has a pretty consistent solid sound... like a techno song or something... and then play it on insane.

Beat Hazard Update Released
April 19, 2010, 1:31 pm - Valve - Product Update
Updates to Beat Hazard have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Added support for .FLAC files

Added support for .OGG files

Added 'Restart Track' option in pause screen

Added 'Force Vsync' option to options screen

Fixed music select crash & playing wrong tracks

gunna play now and yes to the restart feature, there were plenty of times when I wanted a second try at a song

I just noticed the restart... amazing... I hate sucking and not being able to restart.

>ogg files

THANK GOD I CAN USE THE UMINEKO BGM FILES NOW

Has anybody tried to play it to a track of complete static yet? OR SOMETHING

I do some music and sound effects, and yeah, that was my first thought: static, or someshit.

I will definitely be messing with it, but I don't have plans to pick it up for a while, because DAMN, $00.25 in the bank.

This game looks awesome, but I'm holding off buying any more games for the next two months. (saving for a new rig)
I have some sweet trance sessions that would be perfect for this game.

I was on fire tonight! check out my high scores!

beat1.jpg

beat2.jpg

beat3.jpg

very awesome game guys, so much fun. and hell if i can get to number 9 on the leaderboards so can you!

I wish I could stop dying when I'm blinded by explosions...

You guys still playing this game? I just played the demo absolutely ripped and bought it with zero hesitation. Best 10 bucks I've spent in a while. Anyway, how about some suggestions for songs that go extremely well with the game?

Here's a few I've played that have been epic:

Minerva - Deftones
No Fraid A - Munga (from gta 4)
Show Me What I'm Looking For - Carlina Liar
I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas

eh?

I didn't realize there was a demo until now. I tried it for a few minutes on one of my progressive trance songs. Was a little slow at the start because it starts off pretty mild.
I'm going to try and complete the whole thing when I have more time.
This game is really awesome! The visuals are also vibrantly pretty and it runs better than I thought it would.

I just bought this game yesterday (Steam version) and I love it! I was wondering when there was going to be another game besides Audiosurf that uses music. I may also get it for 360 later.

not to steer this thread in the wrong direction but this is truly amazing after you smoke. i did a little compare and/or contrasting yesterday and went through a few playlists without even realizing how long i'd been playing.

it couldn't hurt that im using these:
imageloader.asp

Hahaha oh man skullcandy. Kill yourself.

So I 100% completed the game, all Achievements, pretty damn high on most leaderboards too. My favorite speed was at Insane Mode, Suicide Mode is very tough and If I give it a go again, I can probably do it. My favorite bands are screamo/hardcore for the scores obviously, and The Devil Wears Prada and devildriver are my favorite bands to rock out on. I feel like I'm saving the solar system when I play this game. also I would totally buy a sequel to this if they added more weapons and enemies and gave it a theme

Back