Beat it in 1:30... (Spoilers)

Sedako

Chuck Steak
Reaction score
Awesome all the way through! I'd love to see more in the future, and it's definitely something I'd spend money on. Easily one of my favorite endings too. :E

Yeah I completed it in 2 hours.

One of the best games/endings I have ever seen. Flawless!
I loved GLaDOSs little song at the end ;)

Even better than Bioshock? Well..not THE ending, but the 'ending' before it...'Would You Kindly'...

I liked how it tied in Aperture with Black Mesa, how they are competing companies. Etc etc. The cake at the end was hilarious.

I got to the part with the fire, and escaped it.Then she said something about a party and then what do I need to do? I really didn't get it..

I got to the part with the fire, and escaped it.Then she said something about a party and then what do I need to do? I really didn't get it..

You go to the party and get your cake. ;)

But seriously, when you are sliding into the room of fire, there is an area straight ahead above you that you can launch a portal into. Launch the portal up there, then put one into the wall of the fiery room and jump into the portal.

lol I got it just after I posted... was stupid and just tried to shoot there.
Then I remembered the momentum thingy.

I rofl'd when she threw meaningless insults at you, trying to stop you.
"You're adopted" "You filthy loveless loner"

Finished it, gonna play EP2 now, then portal with commentary, then ep2 with commentary.

LOL I just finished portal (spoliers are hidden)
... not thinking it was going to be that short, but it was TOTALLY awesome.
My 2 cents on this game, was that it was really fun and I was excited it had a story. The music/narration was awesome throughout, and it's by far one of the more humorous games i've played... AND the credits ROCK.

spoilers are found below, this is meant for people who have completed the game. It only takes about 2 hrs @ a casual pace to finish tbh.

it was pretty awesome that it actually had a story. from what i gather from the power point presentations near the end of the game "aperture science" is a direct competitor with the old "black mesa" for department of defense contracts... and by the figures it looks like black mesa was kicking their butt.

As for the lady talking/computer @ the end. I'm not exactly sure what to think happens. Obviously the terminal explodes, and you end up above ground in a park. But that park didn't look familiar to me, but maybe I'm missing how that ties into the current hl2 world (maybe it doesn't, and is an environment you find in hl2ep2, or ep3 or even the last hl3.

The cake @ the end made me lol. I wasn't exactly sure whats going on, but aparantly that last cut scene was the storage area~ and there really was a cake.

I'm on 19 - now studying and can't stop thinking about it... Not a good thing.

I didn't understand what have I learned about HL through Portal except that Black Mesa and Aperture Science are competing.
Or why did we destroy GLADOS?

because the character was rebelling? idk, GLADOS wanted to kill us- we obviously wanted to survive.
It was sort of weird... you always felt like you were going up... and that's an awesome thing. That's what you did in any of the half life games, make it to the surface, then the cliffs. That's what you did in hl2 with the citadel... and now the vast vertical expanses near the end of portal gave that same feeling as a the citadel~

But what would happen if the character(witch name isn't given-or is it?)just lied on the ground with her hands to the side as she have been told to?

Portal ties in with ep2 a lot more once you've played ep2

The game was totally spellbinding the 2-3 hours it took. All gameplay after the 19 puzzling levels was so fantastic. And all this taunting by GLados really made you feel oppressed. And yeah, the ending was beautiful! Do you think it was some cinematic physics at that point?

But what would happen if the character(witch name isn't given-or is it?)just lied on the ground with her hands to the side as she have been told to?
Er, they'd die.

Our character's purpose was to do the tests, then die. As soon as we escaped from the test environment, GLaDOS' operating protocols demanded we be disposed of - we weren't ever supposed to live.

How long have they been working on this again?
1.5 hours makes for a decent demo.

If you know the ins and outs of Portals development you'd know that the Team involved was pretty much the Digipen students who Valve hired who made Narbacular Drop, with a bit of on/off support and encouragement from the regular Valve employees, so it's the product of about 10 people. Not bad work really considering when it was announced. It whiled away a long afternoon for me and was a deeply satisfying experience. I look forward to seeing what the team do next.

One thing that seemed a bit ambivalent is whether you truly get out alive to me....

Also, if you notice, there is a "load custom advanced courses" button. I'm pretty sure they're gonna be pumping out tons of puzzles over the next months.

The challenges and advanced levels will take you AGES, so complaining is silly!

How long have they been working on this again?
1.5 hours makes for a decent demo.

Holy bitch and moan. They have been working on it (not sure exactly how much of the time) since they were hired on by Valve from Digipen 2 years ago. I also imagine that they actually finished the game some time ago and weren't releasing it until the whole Orange Box bullshit was complete. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if this was completed when Ep 2 was first supposed to be released.

LOL I just finished portal (spoliers are hidden)
... not thinking it was going to be that short, but it was TOTALLY awesome.
My 2 cents on this game, was that it was really fun and I was excited it had a story. The music/narration was awesome throughout, and it's by far one of the more humorous games i've played... AND the credits ROCK.

spoilers are found below, this is meant for people who have completed the game. It only takes about 2 hrs @ a casual pace to finish tbh.

[ quote] tags are not [ spoiler] tags

If you crouch down and try to replicate this, then you get the Partygoer achievment. :E

Back