Been banned?

IchI

Reaction score
hmmmm. If I by any chance got the fgd and the engine for halflife2 and i was mapping for it. Would I be aloud to post my maps I make on the forum or will I be banned?

I wouldn't try it if I were you.........

Just steer clear of the dodgy engine/code and you'll definately not be banned. Unless you spam, slander, lie, murder or claim on your insurance for things that weren't actaully in your house when it was burgled.

so what if i make a hl2 map and say it was made in another engine? no harm done then?

No images from the beta. Meaning, you cant post ingame screens. And you cant post screens from the new Hammer.

However, personally I wouldnt be so hard if you just kept everything irrelevant of the screens... And if no HL2 content is on it. Cant speak for all moderators though.
Overall, no images from the beta, the editors, or anything else that was leaked.

As much as i would like to see stuff from Hl2...unless it comes directly from Valve, it cant be put up here.

Sorry about that.

ye I can see where u lot are coming from and a lot of people are anti-leaked-beta but.... hmmm....... If I like..... didn;t have alyx or anything on my images. Sort of like just mesh and geometry. Most geometry my own. Also had no relivance to hl2 in my text e.g. "wow look at my kewl map what u think?" or shall I just like not do it at all, try it out (see if it gets deleted or go right ahead?

Originally posted by IchI
ye I can see where u lot are coming from and a lot of people are anti-leaked-beta but.... hmmm....... If I like..... didn;t have alyx or anything on my images. Sort of like just mesh and geometry. Most geometry my own. Also had no relivance to hl2 in my text e.g. "wow look at my kewl map what u think?" or shall I just like not do it at all, try it out (see if it gets deleted or go right ahead?
Lol, we will already knows its from HL2 then :p
But lets phrase it this way: If you dont have any HL2 texture/object/whatever, just your own, and remove such things as the HUD overlay, no one can say its from HL2.

The problem is, we dont know what textures HL2 contain, nor any of the objects. And we know it will be HL2 if you post it. So I would think twice :)

Oh how i wish Valve could release some more stuff. Just think, we would have all been well on our way to completing, or even have finished the game by now if it hadnt been delayed.

I think they REALLY need to release the benchmark, to keep the masses happy.

man this is killing me,, I'm trying to be honorable here and not touch anything till HL2 comes out....

/me gets back to modelling

Back