Beggining of HL2

LoneDeranger

Reaction score
This is an email from Gabe that Eternity recieved:

When you start the game, the last thing you the player and "you" the character Gordon Freeman remember is your conversation with the G-Man. You have no idea what has happened, how much time has passed, or why you can't remember it.

Thats awesome! You will be doing something that G-Man asked you to do, but you don't know what is!

Deffinate Coma or some sort of sezure hes had and has awoke from it.!

What did Eternity ask Gabe to get that info? Did he ask anything else?

Anyway... that does seem like a good way to start off the game.

However it has been said its 15 years afterwoods yes?

That seems to me that it will seem to gorden he was only on XEN a few hours, but in reality he was gone for 15 years earth time.

I really really hope that they have a tour like they did in the first one, to show off the engine abit.

and a crowbar in the collectors edition.

Somone email gabe and ask him if we get a shirt or a crowbar in the collectors pack.

Nobody said it's 15 year later, I think people just made it up.

At one point I thought about the idea of earth time being different, but it doesnt explain how other scientists went there "to collect samples" and came back.

No, I'm pretty sure it's something like 15 years afterwards.

P.S. Where I come from, we can get crowbars at the local hardware shop. :)

Yeah I think so too. What I'm saying is nobody at Valve confirmed it because it's part of the story.

Originally posted by Eternity
No, I'm pretty sure it's something like 15 years afterwards.

P.S. Where I come from, we can get crowbars at the local hardware shop. :)
no, i'm pretty sure you're wrong.

Originally posted by urseus
However it has been said its 15 years afterwoods yes?

That seems to me that it will seem to gorden he was only on XEN a few hours, but in reality he was gone for 15 years earth time.

I really really hope that they have a tour like they did in the first one, to show off the engine abit.

and a crowbar in the collectors edition.

Somone email gabe and ask him if we get a shirt or a crowbar in the collectors pack.

It doesn't mean Gordon was in Xen for 15 years (or whatever amount of time). Don't forget there are flashbacks people. It just means that Gordon doesn't remember what happened in the mean time, which is brilliant cause it keeps the first-person immersion.

Back