Benq is pissing me off.

Sedako

Chuck Steak
Reaction score
About a year ago and a half ago I purchased a V2400W directly from Benq's online store. It worked great right up until it started shutting itself off intermittently. I called for an RMA, which they didn't give me any hassle with, except that it cost me $50 to ship it to them, and they wouldn't budge on paying for it themselves. I got it shipped, and about 2 weeks later it came back. I eagerly hooked it up and was met with a "no signal detected" message. I tried everything, including swapping out 3 different DVI cables on both video card ports, and hooking it up to the other PC. I could not get it to work, while my older Samsung worked fine with each cable. I called Benq again and explained the situation, and they said they would set me up with another RMA, but that I would have to pay for shipping again. I had to argue with rep to get them to cover it for a good 5 minutes. Shipped it out once again and just got it back today, after another 2 weeks. Same ****ing problem. This time when I called them, despite saying that I've tried 3 different DVI cables (which all work fine with the other monitor), the rep told my I should try a 4th cable, which I do not have. How the hell does this make sense? I'm calling back in a little in hopes of getting a different service rep. I doubt I'll be buying from them again based on the incompetence of their service team.

I had the exact same problem with Sceptre! Pain is the arse to send it isn't it? You need a big box, lot's of peanuts and the shipping cost, UGH! What happened was I gave up on the thing and bought an LG monitor the day before L4D came out in Best Buy and it was the last model.

A month later my dad was tinkering around with the circuit board. Turns out this tiny capacitor was just too tiny and would fry every time (scorch marks were on the circuit board). So he put in a bigger capacitor and the thing has been working ever since.

Next time trust the brands you hear about and not BenQ. I had problems with my 8800GTX from EVGA. They sent me a new one that overheated as well so I sent it back again. They sent me a broken RMA unit. :| I talked to a rep there and he said he would send me a newer version and covered postage. They ended up sending me a 9800GTX and the thing has been running great for 2 years now. So lesson is to buy known brands and look at the reviews for their RMA's as well.

BenQ had a pretty great reputation great five years ago (when I bought one of their DVD burners), not so much now. I don't know what happened.

I may sound silly, but I must ask:
Did you use any other monitor while defected one was being repaired?
If yes, did you install monitor driver of the "Repaired"?
DVI cable connected exactly where the original monitor was connecting (Usually the one closest to CPU)?
Press Analog/Digital button?
Reboot system (Hard-boot) couple of times?
Can you see BIOS flash-screen at all?
If yes, can you see which VGA port is set to default?

Good Luck.

I had problems with my 8800GTX from EVGA. They sent me a new one that overheated as well so I sent it back again. They sent me a broken RMA unit. :| I talked to a rep there and he said he would send me a newer version and covered postage. They ended up sending me a 9800GTX and the thing has been running great for 2 years now. So lesson is to buy known brands and look at the reviews for their RMA's as well.

Yeah, I love EVGA and BFG when it comes to video cards. Great RMA Dept/Reps.

Back