Best, Coolest, Epicness moment in any half life game?

When I first saw a strider.

Shiiiiit.

Chk chk chk, chky chk chk

chk chk chk, chky chk chk

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DUNNA DUNNA DUN
DUNNA DUNNA DUN

121psno.jpg

I almost expect them to start dialling-up to the net with them noises.

The entire Nova Prospekt sections including the assault on it with the Antlions. The entire section was just genius.

Danimal said:
I almost expect them to start dialling-up to the net with them noises.

Man that's not even close to the dialup noise. That noise is like,

boop boop boop boop boop boop boop
beep, vreeoop
EEE EEE EEE EEE
deee-rrr eee-rrr rrrnnn
KKKKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHH

Darkside, I was 8 years old at the time.

It should still be horribly ingrained in your memories. That's a sound no man ever forgets. Like the death-wail of a banshee, it is.

Chk chk chk, chky chk chk

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
DUNNA DUNNA DUN
DUNNA DUNNA DUN

121psno.jpg

DUDE!

Favourite scene as well.

That music was the best in the series so far. They used it again at one point in HL2 when you're on the hover boat...thing. Cant even remember the names haha, but didnt have the same effect.

But yeah, loved that music and gearing up for running out the lift blasting everything.

To me, that music represents HL.

That music was the best in the series so far. They used it again at one point in HL2 when you're on the hover boat...thing
To me, that music represents HL.

The first Half-life I played didn't have music in it. What a shame, I never really experienced Half-Life with music :x

In my defence, I've been listening to alot of IGN podcasts lately, and maybe the american-ness has been rubbing off on me. Being converted as you will.

So maybe my intelligen...no wait, I got reported last time I went here.

In my defence, I've been listening to alot of IGN podcasts lately, and maybe the american-ness has been rubbing off on me. Being converted as you will.

So maybe my intelligen...no wait, I got reported last time I went here.

Your Intelligence was lost a long time ago, bro.

HL1: Either destroying the tentacle monster or the Gonarch battle.

HL2: Either Nova Prospekt or the last 2 chapters.

Surface Tension and Interloper in HL1, Nova Prospekt assault in HL2, the hospital in Episode 1 in Episode 1 (mainly for the HOLY CRAP KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT poison zombie moments and Vortal Combat in Episode 2. But my favourite part is almost definitely Follow Freeman, and getting to the horse - that level has the last poison f***** headcrab, the assault on the Overwatch Nexus with Barney and the fabled awesome strider bit.

Honorable mention goes to every bit with Odessa Cubbage in it.

Epic:
White Forest Inn when all hell breaks loose.
First time I used the gravity gun to throw a radiator.
Surface tension - on the cliffside.

Worst:
Barney in hl2. Barney the purple dinosaur would have made a more intelligent partner.
NPC rebels in City 17. Even dumber than Barney. I always send them out to die ASAP in front of a turrent just to get rid of them. Barricading them in a room sometimes works too.

My favourate scene was when I was toying around with the console and I accidently made a freindly hunter. That was one of the most humerous days in my life. A pack of benevolent hunters fighting anything which gets in my way...

Back