Best Game Ever Period.

Xenome

Reaction score
This game..is ..im out of words.. incredible..great..fantastic..everything..I'm very far in the game already, and what I played so far is Magnificent.

Other games are A JOKE compared to this.. that's the pure truth.

Valve, I put my hat down for you..respect.. you guys are pure genius..even better then a movie..

I agree, I love this game. Graphics and game play are beautifull. Im not very far into it, cause I keep reloading different parts to try to do things differently. The fact that you can manipulate the enviorment to help you is unbelievable.

I got to agree with the first post... and of course he isnt making a decision for everyone,,, its his opinion.. and I agree with it. Best fps game EvaR!

Well it's all about opinions, I have to say this game does more for me in a couple of hours of gameplay than any other in their entirety.

An absolute work of genius.

Thank you Valve, all your hard work will definately pay off :thumbs:

leave it to she to try and piss people off.

she, ur a troll, or ur trying hard not show u work for gamespot.

i havent even played the goddamn game yet and im ready to say its tied with final fantasy 7

ShinRa said:
leave it to she to try and piss people off.

she, ur a troll, or ur trying hard not show u work for gamespot.

i havent even played the goddamn game yet and im ready to say its tied with final fantasy 7

dont know who you are.. and why you are mad at my opinion..
but that is what i think about hl2.. and nothing's going to change that.

hl2>ff7 yes offcourse...
storywise.. nope.

edit: no, and im not working for Gayspot

yes, it is amazing, definitely the best first few hours of a game ever, and may quite possibly BE the best game ever, it's looking that way so far.

I agree with the first post. HL2 is the best game ever, and I'm only an hour and a half into it. A masterpeice.

Agreed. Best Game of all Time without any doubt whatso ever.

Better than Pong? :)

It very well may be the best one ever.

<< >> <<

I'm kinda partial to Grim Fandango though

Fighting the combine is really something special. They are so accurate and smart. Plus the ragdoll is way better than in any game to date. It feels better that CS Source.

I love every weapon so far.
I just played through ravenholm and it was great.

My jaw literally dropped at the beginning of the game, and you should have seen the smile on my face. Never, not once, have I smiled all the way through the first HOUR of a game. It hurt. There are a lot of great games out there, but this is seriously the greatest FPS I've played yet. Everything about it is so convincing, so real, that you actually forget you're in front of a monitor.

And you know what... I always thought it pretty sick when people started going on about Alyx being fit... but now.............

DoctorGordon3 said:
Whats better?

Best we don't pursue this, eh? :)

Unless you want the thread to degenerate into pointless arguments.

half-life2 vs halo2...how we can laugh ;)

half life 2 KICKS ASS MAJOR

I agree. This game is AMAZING!
I'm not very far yet, and not feeling much a rush.
Also, in the back of my mind i'm thinking of all the amazing mods that will result! (and it runs really smooth w/ all the detail!)

Hehe I keep taking breaks cause I dont wanna finish it and have it be over.

the first time you go outside. the first time you put on the HEV, the first time you use the shotgun in anger, the first time you get in one of the vehicles, the first time you experiment with the barnacles, the first time you talk to an npc, the first time you get the gravity gun, DOG...that is all, the first time you have to close the thing down to get on with your life...

I think it's quite a bit more interesting than FFVII's story personally....FF games are really involved and drawn out...

Just my two cents, no offense.

HL2 is a sweet fps \o/ - the npc's, cutscenes and physics really make the game :)

The only downside (imo) is that i'm finding the combat a little simple, easy, and (occasionally) repetitive/dull.

Not that this matters a great deal - Half Life has always been about being swept along with the story, the whole cinematic experience :) .... and HL2 does this very well.

Got my hl2 t-shirt on, allthough the initial steam activation crap (steam was all screwed) then I got the game to work, the game makes up for it all and rises to the top of the best game of all times chart above the previous half-life which still held the crown.

Imagine folks the ownage to come from the mod community. years and years of replay still to come.

I have now been playing for about 14 hours, and i can say without a shadow of a doubt that this is THE best FPS yet (hey, it's not like it'll be the last HL :p ).

Valve, i tip my hat to you.

Now enough with this forum stuff, the night is young, and i'm not out of redbull yet :D

I've just come here to give my impressions before I get back into it.

So far it is utterly amazing. I was expecing lots and so far everything I was expecting has been thrown at me so hard that I can't do anything but gape and sit in awe alot of the time.

The first time seeing a Strider was incredible.

Goodbye.

I have to side with She here. I'm just finally getting into the part of the game that I wanted to see from the first place.

Pros: Graphics - Animations - Weapons are good (not all the way done yet...but I could've used a zooming rifle - not the xbow only 11 total shots, don't wanna waste 'em) - Some really cool scenes unfold before your eyes - Some battles are awesome - One plot twist so far (unfortunately it was more of a plot turn...it wasn't surprising at all) - Just good fun overall

Cons: Where's the story that I heard was supposed to be good? - Where's the AI that I heard was supposed to be good? HL1's marine AI was better than the combine's (disappoints me the most - I was looking forward to some strategic battles - except one battle). Too easy so far (except for the same battle) - Buggy portion of the game felt too long - Valve extended the game by stopping your path and making you go find a switch or lever sometimes taking you way too long - Now it seems it's finally getting into the game...but too much of the game is done alone (I hoped to be working alongside Alyx and Barnie more) - Ravenholm was just annoying and not scary - The feel of being in a 1984-style society is gone after the first few levels - Later it seems like everyone that isn't in the resistance is dead...no civilians left

I'm on chapter 11/14 I think...so I still have some of the game to go. So far it's a damn good game...but not the best game ever.

It's too soon to make any rash statements like "best FPS ever"

People loved Doom 3 for about a week.

Lets give it at least that long.

This is one of my first few posts since i've been playing...it's BEYOND what i expected! :thumbs: I was hyped for this game, expecting alot, and it's done it all! I haven't even beaten the game yet, but it truely is beautiful. This is one game that i WILL have fun playing over and over for exploring and trying to beat things different ways, and just to go through the experience again! I'm on the 7th chapter right now - only about half way through it! It rocks in so many ways.... :E :E :cheers: From what i've heard from many, then last two levels are jaw-dropping. i can't wait!

Steam activation sucks A$$ big time!!!

I do not like being forced to activate any game via the internet that I bough from the store!!!

After getting the game to work I found my self very happy.

"THIS IS THE BEST FPS SINCE THE BEGINING OF TIME" :thumbs:

Thank you Valve for sticking it out for 5 years and creating a masterpiece :thumbs: :thumbs:

I got to drive the Fan boat thing, but I had to stop playing. The game is so good that I want to savor it. I don't want to get most of it finished today. I'm going to play it little by little. Anyway, is there anyone who has gotten past where I am that is willing to comfort me by telling me how much more there is to play? I haven't even gotten the manipulator yet, but I think I'm just about to get it.

As I was playing, I remembered all those times that I watched the same damn Bink video, searching for anything new. I watched them so many times and never got tired of them. Now I can actually play it. I never downloaded the Leaked Build, so today at 12:01 AM, I loaded it up with my little brother and we were so excited. I just kept picking things up and throwing them at the combine on the first level. Lol.

Xenome said:
This game..is ..im out of words.. incredible..great..fantastic..everything..I'm very far in the game already, and what I played so far is Magnificent.

Other games are A JOKE compared to this.. that's the pure truth.

Valve, I put my hat down for you..respect.. you guys are pure genius..even better then a movie..

Agreed 100%.

Back