best settings for best image quality?

D

dommafia

Ok i want to stress my 9800 pro card to the fullest and i want to know what are the settings in the ati 3d control panel to make the image look the BEST. Put aside fps, performance or w/e i just need the best image quality. does antialiasing (sp) at 6x make the image blurrier? (less quality)

Can someone tell me what i should set my settings to.

Antialiasing(sp)
anisitropic (sp???)
truform (does hl2 even use this? will it make the image better quality?)
F vertical sync! :)

never mind the in game video settings, i already have those all the way up (off course i dont mean the aa, and anisitropic as that is what im here for) so fsomeone please give me the low down on how aa and af affect the image quatility. Hope i made sense my english is my 2nd language and i'm very bad at it.

thx in advance.

*bump* does TEXTURE COMPRESSION hurt the image quality? its ON in the OMEGA DRIVERS settings (to save memory it says) will turning that off increase quality? i have 512mb ram and 128mb vm

dommafia said:
Ok i want to stress my 9800 pro card to the fullest and i want to know what are the settings in the ati 3d control panel to make the image look the BEST. Put aside fps, performance or w/e i just need the best image quality. does antialiasing (sp) at 6x make the image blurrier? (less quality)

Can someone tell me what i should set my settings to.

Antialiasing(sp)
anisitropic (sp???)
truform (does hl2 even use this? will it make the image better quality?)
F vertical sync! :)

never mind the in game video settings, i already have those all the way up (off course i dont mean the aa, and anisitropic as that is what im here for) so fsomeone please give me the low down on how aa and af affect the image quatility. Hope i made sense my english is my 2nd language and i'm very bad at it.

thx in advance.
Create a autoexec.cfg and put cl_smooth 0
con_enable 1
r_decal_cullsize 0
r_lod -5
mat_clipz 0
mp_decals 1000
cl_ragdoll_collide 1
r_propsmaxdist 5000
jpeg_quality 100
fps_max 90
mat_parallaxmap 0
r_rainradius 1500
r_rainsplashpercentage 100
r_mmx 1
r_sse 1
r_sse2 1
r_3dnow 1.... I also use this cfg for cs.s works great good performance and great visuals..

thank u!!!! this is works very well for me. one thing, why limit the fps?

Back