Beta maps

Mididda

Spy
Reaction score
Have any of you joined a match on one of those two new beta maps ? I have to say that robot destruction was quite confusing in the beginning and cactus... I actually haven't played it that much to say anything about it :/ Anyway, they're fun, they just need some major bug and respond fixes ( sometimes robots didn't get any damage points ) and of course Asteroids needs to get its textures back. Sooo who found a hole and tried to win some games by attacking from the "unreachable", and of course what do you think of them ? :)

• Informative
Reactions: OJJ
I've played both for a short while. I'm definitely a fan of Cactus Canyon, even if it's a big of a corridor/choke slog at the moment. Robot Destruction/Asteroid, on the other hand, feels far too large, overscaled, confusing, and slow to actually make it as a proper gamemode. The presence of a pre-placed teleporter also makes it feel like a weird custom map.

Robot Destruction/Asteroid, on the other hand, feels far too large, overscaled, confusing, and slow to actually make it as a proper gamemode. The presence of a pre-placed teleporter also makes it feel like a weird custom map.

Once it gets some proper textures, I susspect Asteroid is going to be a little less confusing. I'm hoping the pre-placed teleporter is just a place-holder for some sort of instantaneous transportation gate or something.

The biggest problem I've noticed, though, is that people treat the reactor cells like briefcases, running in and grabbing it without actually collecting any of the enemy team's robot-point-thingies.

Once it gets some proper textures, I susspect Asteroid is going to be a little less confusing. I'm hoping the pre-placed teleporter is just a place-holder for some sort of instantaneous transportation gate or something.
The fact that teleporter has to exist in the first place is kind of a testament to how confusing the map's layout is.

Hmm... perhaps the teleporter should only be open if the enemies "A" robots are destroyed, sort of like capturing points moves the team's spawn just a little bit closer in other maps.

...yeah... that really wouldn't help with the confusing aspect, but it would give people a reason to take the offensive and open the portal.

Back