Beta weapons ingame?

Locust

Spy
Reaction score
I was looking at the ign website and saw that they have cheats for all the weapons that didn't make it. Now I know that these weapons don't exist ingame, but would it be possible to mod them into the game? I mean it would probably take 2 days seeing as how the weapons are already made.

We can't mod them into the game yet, we have to have the code portion of the game to mod weapons in.

As long as it's like HL1 of course.

Well, the original HL SDK included model files of a lot of content that didn't make it in, and as long as you were prepared to fill in the gaps when coding, they could be easily added.

-Angry Lawyer

The models are the least important part of it. Without the code that governs how those weapons work, it's useless. The code isn't in the game.

Well, for the OICW, the code should be pretty easy to implement, considering all you'd have to do for a quick fix is to copy the MP7, decrease the size of the fireing cone, up the damage, and enable the ability to shoot while zoomed. You'd be surprised how simple some of it is to add.

And before you ask, yes, I'm a coder, so I'm not just being a hopeful newbie with an overidealistic view on the realms of C++.

-Angry Lawyer

my guess is the pulse rifle is the OICW, they just changed it to fit the combine better.

Back