Biohazard 1.5

R

Redfox McBeth

A woman, 24, Elza Walker, a student at the Raccoon City College.
A 25 year old male, Leon S. Kennedy, a new recruit at the Raccoon Police Department.
Both stuck in a nightmare, the nightmare of the former Raccoon City. How did it happen? Well, it might be wise to get the facts of…what happened before…and what caused it.

In the early hours of July 25, two ragged survivors of the missing STARS Alpha Team were helicoptered to safety in Raccoon City. The pair were in a physically exhausted, and highly agitated state. They were immediately transferred to the Police Hospital, then moved to the State General Hospital where they recounted their incredible and horrific experience.

From their statements, it was discovered that the mansion in the forest was in fact a front for a secret underground facility for the development and testing of biological weapons. Subsequently, Umbrella, the owner of the forest property and a major pharmaceutical firm, was put under intense investigation. As a result, a large, easily indictable volume of evidence was discovered detailing horrifying experiments on living organisms including humans at the mansion.

Because of this unbelievable scandal, now called the Umbrella Incident, a large number of the firm's employees were arrested and the company was ordered to cease operations immediately.

But even as this furor raged, the second bio hazard outbreak was already creeping out from the deep recesses of hell . . .

Just two months after the fateful explosion in the forest, Raccoon City had become a city of the living dead.

It all started with an outbreak of a seemingly minor but curious skin disease. Although some voiced concerns about the disease's connection to the explosion, adequate investigations were not carried out. Even as the authorities dawdled, the skin disease spread with an incredible speed throughout the population. Until one day people began to die and to later rise again as the living dead. The zombies attacked humans who themselves returned to un-life. Their numbers swelled explosion like in a matter of days. No one could explain what had happened, what was happening, or what was going to happen.

Raccoon Police Department is situated at the dead center of town. Like everywhere else in the city, it has been overrun by zombies. Now most of the cops are zombies, too.

In one room at the top floor of the station house are the few tattered survivors of Raccoon Police's finest. They have so far managed to barricade the door against the probing hands and hungry maws of the zombies, but food and ammunition are running out, and these few truly living are very close to breaking. The entire city is swarming with the unliving, and the dead lying everywhere are rising again,.time is running out - or has it already?.

Leon and Elza's nightmarish adventure have just started...
Thank you www.bioflames.com for providing us with this info and many screenies.

Bringing the fans what they have wanted for years, summer 2004.

Intrested?

[Note to people: Biohazard is the name for Resident Evil in Japan]

*raises his two eyebrows then decided to drop one*

Resident Evil 1.5 done quick with Valve Source Technology. This could be interesting. I own every Resident Evil game to date and I'm hardcore when it comes to the game, so I would love to see this distorted tale rewritten and incorporated into the Half-Life 2 technology API.

Half life 2 offers zombies and kick ass action just like in Resident evil, only hardcore fans would play/develop such a thing

Half life 2 offers zombies and kick ass action just like in Resident evil, only hardcore fans would play/develop such a thing
Right anmd wrong. While Half-Life 2 offers zombies, it does not offer:
1: Advanced Inventory System
2: Elza and Leon
3: A Third Person perspective
4: Zombie dogs, crows, G-Birkin, Giant Aligators, Excetera...

Need I continue?

thats why you model an Elza and a Leon, set the mode to third person, create the AI for the enemies that arent already there, and program an inventory system :D

anyways, wasn't there really a RE1.5 that was later scrapped and turned into RE2? im pretty sure there was but what I'm not sure about is if this was the original plot for re1.5 before it turned into re2? is it? cause if so, that would be awesome!

ok now who is gona code all that ? for me it sounds like a lot of work :eek:

Woo..

Keyboard Stomp: Yes, and no. 1.5 was the origional RE 2, but the plot, and almost EVERYTHING was scrapped. And with the features, a large number of fans think the concept would have been better.

Check Bioflames for more info on 1.5.

xXSMGXx: The Mod Team's coder, who else?

"Right anmd wrong. While Half-Life 2 offers zombies, it does not offer:
1: Advanced Inventory System
2: Elza and Leon
3: A Third Person perspective
4: Zombie dogs, crows, G-Birkin, Giant Aligators, Excetera...

Need I continue?"

1: Fair enuff.

2: No, it's got Gordon instead :D Sorted.

3: Accualy, in HL, you can get a 3rd person view with the tiny script I've seen before, no doubt that if HL 2 don't have the option, someone will make a HL2 version of the script.

4: Come on, why have them when you got the HL2 mosters? Thru I admit, Nemesis or Mr.X would look cool in the HL2 engine.

I'm a pretttttty big RE fan myself, but I think we should leave this series to Capcom. Don't want to risk ruining it.

lol you can use the third player mode in the normal half life but only when you are on developers mode but the view is stuffed and can not be moved ;(

I'm a pretttttty big RE fan myself, but I think we should leave this series to Capcom. Don't want to risk ruining it.

ehm I believe that CapCom can ruin this series themselves ;)
Resident evil 3 wasn't half as good as resident evil 2 or nemesis...haven't played zero though :/
This idea sounds cool actually.

lol you can use the third player mode in the normal half life but only when you are on developers mode but the view is stuffed and can not be moved

That is where a mod is handy :)
That way people can change the original game to something different, maybe a resident evil mod :D

Also, the thirdperson command in hl1 sucks, as you (I) get to watch Gordie from the side.
Use chase_active 1 instead, that way you get the camera behind gordon, and with chase_ commands you can change angle and distance, even pitch for the cam.

Before u start to make a mod about Resident Evil, inform yourself a little bit. The name RE is a trademark and the whole concept/game/... is copyrighted. It wouldn't be the first mod that has to quit because the owner of the copyrights/trademarks doesn't want a mod like that. Just my 2 cents.

-FishY

I alreadyb have authorisation from Capcom to use the name, exc.

Red, if only you were in my life say...2 years ago with this story. You have no idea how excited, yet pissed, I was to find out that a Resident Evil '1.5' existed and never actually took shape. Yes, I've also heard that 1.5 was about 70-80% complete before they decided to scrap the game. Just think about that...that's a HUGE amount of the game completed...all just scrapped. Elza never came to be, which is a shame. I'd have liked to have seen another character added to the RE story. I know Claire was her replacement...but maybe in RE3 they could have added Elza in the story somewhere instead of canning her for good.

Oh, and as for this quote:

Originally posted by xXSMGXx
ok now who is gona code all that ? for me it sounds like a lot of work :eek:

Yeah, you have no idea...if you've worked on a mod team, you'd understand. We're not talking a standard mod here, we're talkin' a full conversion, which is pretty much what RE 1.5 is sounding like. Mod teams are not easy to maintain either unfortunately due to lack of motivation, people flaking out on you etc. But it's definitely worth a good shot! Quite honestly, RE 1.5 doesn't sound like it'd be as difficult of a mod to create compared to some other scenarios/game ideas I could think of.

All I know is that if I weren't preoccupied with other things, Red, I'd definitely help you get this started. With the capabilities of the HL2 engine, from what I see, RE 1.5 -the mod- could match graphics seen in the original gamecube remake, if not surpass it in some respects. I wish you luck in forming a good solid team for this project. Lord knows I'd support and play it in a heartbeat.

Ive always wanted to do a mod, but never had the knoledge needed to do 3d modeling. BUt this summer im taking a 4 week course in 3d animation :thumbs: with maya. even though i would prefer to use XSI(much better interface etc.) Maybe if i have the motivation later on this year i could help this mod(or someother since u probly dont want me ^_^)

Take my advice...DON'T START WITH LIGHTWAVE! If you get used to modeling in lightwave, you WILL get spoiled. I'm there right now and kicking myself in the butt for falling in love with it ;( But good luck with the maya course! I thought I saw something like that 4 week course on the net somewhere...probably on a 3d forum site. Sounds pretty cool, and they offer housing as well!

BTW, one of my buds came across a BH1.5 info page on moddb.com I think it was. Is this already in production? The screenshots I saw up there actually looked more like HL1 quality stuff than HL2, in all honesty. But I was just curious.

hehe, it really depends on what engined they used if it was the hl/quake/unreal engine. if it is the hl engine i think you should you should install cs 1.0 again and see the game and look at the models to see how they looked like and think to your self what what biohadzard 1.5 would look like back then.

I've always wanted to make a mod, but I only know some mapping, and well, Valve Hammer is just plain too boring to use, but I'm gonna learn when HL2 comes out. So maybe I will be able to help you,huh.:sniper: :bounce:

hey

I know this is an ungodly old topic but it has my attention, I am a big fan of resident evil and the cancelled 1.5 project, I can give you weapons idea (that i have seen in the game) as well as enemies, and location, i have experience in the programming of 3-d games, but i would love to try an help, jus say the word

I would Love to Help on this project, have lots of free time, (im homeschooled :D ) and im very interested in this project or well the Biohazard 2 Prototype that was never relesed (saw some vids on the extra disc called "Biohazard Complete disc" that came with my Biohazard Directors cut game) but i have some questions...would it really be a good idea to use the HL or HL2 engine to make this i mean Half-life is a FPS and Biohazard is a third person game and there are many other areas that you would have to do alot of work to do this but well couldnt you just mod the PC Verison of Resident Evil 2 or RE3? wouldnt that be alittle bit easier to mod?

Redfox McBeth depending on how serious you are I could be intrested. I mean I am not going to say I will because I am currently in a mod atm. But I would love to make a Resident evil style game. I am not sure about using the middle storyline kinda of thing though. Also I am not sure about using the source engine. I don't think it has good enough lighting really....

Contact me on [email protected] if u are looking for a modeller because I might be intrested, hense the word might.

Orin said:
I would Love to Help on this project, have lots of free time, (im homeschooled :D ) and im very interested in this project or well the Biohazard 2 Prototype that was never relesed (saw some vids on the extra disc called "Biohazard Complete disc" that came with my Biohazard Directors cut game) but i have some questions...would it really be a good idea to use the HL or HL2 engine to make this i mean Half-life is a FPS and Biohazard is a third person game and there are many other areas that you would have to do alot of work to do this but well couldnt you just mod the PC Verison of Resident Evil 2 or RE3? wouldnt that be alittle bit easier to mod?

Remember that re2 and re3 all use prerenders areas. I am not sure if this is his aim to use these. But ye... I am going to address these if he contacts me and seems intrested in my work.

hmmmmm, Redfox McBeth doesn't really show much dedication when he can't answer people :-/

Back