Bios not ACPI Compliant

Tyguy

Space Core
Reaction score
I get this BSOD error message when trying to boot into windows. I just installed XP and as soon as it goes to load windows, BOOM. Any idea how to bypass this?

Also, the pc shuts itself off randomly at times. Sometimes it can go 30 minutes and other times it shuts off a few seconds after I turn it on. What could cause it to shut down like that? I also just installed a brand new hard drive.

Thanks

First question would have to be what power supply are you using? I assume the hard drive has been added to the setup listed in your sig?

Its a Xion XON-430 Watt. THing is pretty loud,

ALso, hard drive is western digital 160 GIg SATA

Xion is a bad power supply brand to buy. even though they have some cool designs ive read that the internals are of poor quality. also 430w seems to little for a quadcore and a 8800gts

its not actually my computer. I built another one out of spare parts.

Its an A8n32-Sli, 2 G Ram, 7900 GTS

EDIT. My main problem is the PC just shutting down. I cant even get through a complete XP install. I think I fixed the BSOD issue by disabling APM in the bios. Is it most likely that my PSU is shit? It stays on from anywhere between a few seconds to a half hour.

i ran it perfectly fine with a 450 Watt when I had my last computer....

I can basically get it to the point where windows is finalizing installation (where it says how many minutes are left) and then it shuts down, forcing me to re-install windows every time I try to fix it. As long as I know its not an issue with the motherboard, I'll maintain my sanity.

The total watts is OK. It's how the power is split between the 3 rails that could be an issue. You would want at least 20 amps on the +12V rail (sticker on the side of the PSU). While it could be the PSU (it is a really low quality unit), I'm betting it is just a configuration thing.

It might help if you follow this thread for that board.

I think i resolved the issue. I removed a stick of ram and i was able to load windows and install everything without it crashing. I have to assume that was my issue and hopefully I can re-enable Legacy USB

I guarantee that you will see further crashes with that setup due to your power supply. When i moved up to a Q6600, I was only able to run a single 8800gts card with a PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 510-SLI which is one hell of a nice power supply. To run everything in my rig now, I have to run a 750w PC Power & Cooling PSU.

I guarantee that you will see further crashes with that setup due to your power supply. When i moved up to a Q6600, I was only able to run a single 8800gts card with a PC Power & Cooling Turbo-Cool 510-SLI which is one hell of a nice power supply. To run everything in my rig now, I have to run a 750w PC Power & Cooling PSU.
It seems the PC the PSU is on is not in his sig.
its not actually my computer.
Its an A8n32-Sli, 2 G Ram, 7900 GTS

Back