Blizzard to release TF2 rip-off

Eejit

The Freeman
Reaction score
... with added weeaboo

Man, the Blizz white-knights are gonna be busy with this one ;)

No I can't accept this. Such blatancy can't be real.

its obviously inspired by TF2, but looks really interesting. Also some competition for TF2 will benefit everyone ;)

I am so disappointed that the opening presentation tried to lead people on with warcraft only to show this steaming pile of shit

Don't be absurd, it needs 1000% more hats.

I have to admit it, this actually looks quite promising. Yeah, it definetely looks like Team Fortress 2, but who gives a damn. Most people who has been playing TF2, has already played it for hundreds of hours. This will be a fresh perspective to those who likes games reminiscent to TF2. I mean, I have played over 1000 hours of TF2, and I am more than ready to move onto something new. Not saying that Team Fortress 2 is bad in any way, it's just that there are not a lot of games like it out there. Could be nice to get some variation.

But what the **** do I know, right? Blizzard doesn't really have a lot of experience in making First Person Shooters, and this could very well be something we have already seen before. Blizzard might end in taking parts of other shooters, because they don't know how to make a proper one themselves. And, the market has been saturated with First Person Shooters, it's unlikely we will see something new.

But hey, Blizzard is a multi-billion company, I'm sure they have enough cash to spend on game design... If they haven't already spent it on advertisement and boobs.

Last edited:
Not interested... That said - I have not been interested in TF2 like games for a while :\

lol, yeah, that's the limit of the similarities, right?

Blizzard whiteknights, assemble!

So... you just aren't very perceptive?

Well, lets admit it, Blizz went really imaginative with this one. The trailer reveals that psychological portraits of their potential playerbase are well researched by them - you can see there is a class almost for everyone: extroverts, introvers, bullies, lone wolfs, party folks, girlfriends of nerds and even grievers & trolls. But it seems like it throws in certain elements of MOBAs like virtual skills, special abilities and ultimates, which makes it kinda too casual for my taste. Anyways, can't decide without trying first.

But did they add to many? Is "Girlfriends of nerds" a legitimate class and does it belong on the battlefield? A lot of the classes in the game looked kind of redundant/ same abilities as other classes. There seemed to be half a dozen classes that did the same thing like build fortifications, have high mobility, practice long range weaponry/attacks.

Regarding 'girlfriends of nerds' - I was talking about that last female healer character who would perfectly suit them. It's a common practice in mmos/mobas to introduce your GF to the game only to make her your support / healer.

I realize you weren't necessarily being completely serious about the whole girlfriend thing, but the redundancy still stands I think.

BlizzCon Overwatch QnA: Similiarity to TF2:

Well that's totally convincing.

This is not the first TF2 ripoff if you want to know. The first was Final Combat, a Chinese ripoff of TF2, but unlike Blizzard's, Final Combat looked even like TF2.

people saying this is TF3 is ridiculous. Same people probably say Call of Duty Advanced Warfare is a Titanfall rip-off or Shadow of Mordor is a Batman rip-off.
If this had a different art-style, people wouldnt compare it to TF2.

Its sad how retarded the gaming community is reducing games to very small things and comparing every shit to their favorite game or stuff they know.
Oh and before someone comes and calls me a Blizzard-Fanboy: Im a Valve-Fanboy.

I don't really understand why people are freaking out over the similarities to Team Fortress. Was Crash Bandicoot any worse for its similarities to Super Mario 64 ? Or Dark Souls for its similarities to Skyrim ?

ehm between Dark Souls and Skyrim there are ****ing worlds. Thats exactly what I meant... you just reduced Dark Souls to a game where you fight with swords which is the only similarity to Skyrim. And Crash Bandicoot plays completely different than Super Mario 64...
Dark Souls is similar to Skyrim ......
I guess you didnt even played Dark Souls. Thats another thing in this community, people judging stuff without knowing it and comparing everything to stuff they know. aaah whatever...

Oh lord, please. Blizzard has the right to create a class based FPS, without its balls being crucified on the internet.

Why couldn't they show a bit more originality though? The engi clone is just sad.

ehm between Dark Souls and Skyrim there are ****ing worlds. Thats exactly what I meant... you just reduced Dark Souls to a game where you fight with swords which is the only similarity to Skyrim. And Crash Bandicoot plays completely different than Super Mario 64...
Dark Souls is similar to Skyrim ......
I guess you didnt even played Dark Souls. Thats another thing in this community, people judging stuff without knowing it and comparing everything to stuff they know. aaah whatever...
Yeah, the Dark Souls and Skyrim thing was a lack of thought on my part. Two hours after a posted it, I realized I had made a terrible error. Could you forgive me off my transgressions and just know I was trying to say that similarities in products don't necessarily lessen the worth of either thing?

Yeah, the Dark Souls and Skyrim thing was a lack of thought on my part. Two hours after a posted it, I realized I had made a terrible error. Could you forgive me off my transgressions and just know I was trying to say that similarities in products don't necessarily lessen the worth of either thing?
okay I forgive you because you asked for forgiveness on the internet which is very rare

Why couldn't they show a bit more originality though? The engi clone is just sad.
Are you implying that this game lacks originality? Sure, they've got some characters that are heavily inspired, but it seems like to me, that the majority of the characters have both new and fresh concepts. I don't have a problem with one character not being 100% innovative and thoughtfull; not every game has to be aesthetically perfect to be compelling. If it makes the game a better experience overall, by including a game mechanic, then I say let it be and stop the irrational nitpicking.

Back