Blue?

ironclad

Hunter
Reaction score
Why blue? I mean, I ain't hating on blue or anything, but thats a lot of it for a front page. The grey was oh so neutral.

:dork:

IMO the site lacks any true color theme.

In other words, it's ugly.

I don't like it much... But then again I don't really care.

oi! brings back memories. blue ftw

on second thought i liked blue for the forums only and not for the front page :x

OH MY GOD IT IS SPREADING, will it know no bounds?

*edit*: grey ftw because it is kind of dark but kind of light.

If you don't like it at least bloody say why so I might actually be able to change something for the better.

It's blue and contrasts with the left and right columns.

Reason : Accomplished

I think the forum colours are great tbh.

oh and Pesmerga: Banned

Hmm, I never look at the front page. I kinda like the blue.

Maybe having so many different shades of blue (blue, light blue, dark blue, blue-grey, grey-blue, white, white that looks blue, and of all things green-blue) is inappropriate... But this comes from one whose art skills have not improved since he was in primary school.

they are trying to do something since we (hl2c) changed our design ;P

just like they changed their site title a month after we did to what we had with one minor difference, they replaced "your" with "the"; "Your definitive source for Half-Life 2"

check the way way back machine *walks off rambling* it's there.

I think you need some accent colors, everything being blue is bland, and to be honest, depressing.

I like the colors. These are my own words. There is no conspiracy.

The PC Nerd said:
they are trying to do something since we (hl2c) changed our design ;P

just like they changed their site title a month after we did to what we had with one minor difference, they replaced "your" with "the"; "Your definitive source for Half-Life 2"

check the way way back machine *walks off rambling* it's there.

I think you need some accent colors, everything being blue is bland, and to be honest, depressing.
We don't even visit HL2C.

http://www.hl2central.net/

Yes. We steal everything from that place. :dozey:

Personally I don't like the blue much because it makes it A. more murky, B. less halflifeish and C. Contrasts with the main forum colour scheme which I like.

What colours would you guys like to see? What colours would you consider original, compared to the other HL2 sites (so we don't get called copy-cats :rolleyes:) and what colours do you consider are halflifeish?

Personally I liked it as it was. :p

edit: BUT. If the banner was the same, and if the boxes with the news in were lighter, more neutral grey...I dunno.

So you consider tan to be more halflifeish?

Chris_D said:
We don't even visit HL2C.

First I've heard of that place in over a year, I thought they gave up when only a couple of members turned up after the rest all went off to hlfallout.

Blue, ah blue, just like old times, how i loved it. Aside from my trip down memory lane, i'd like more colour like that all over the forum, this cream whatever it is, it's starting to feel bland, we need a little freshening up. Experiment with more colours, can't hurt. (adding a theme would be nice, leaving this one as another option for those people who can't let go :rolleyes:)

Blue/black/grey. That's my preferred color scheme.

Then again, I'm also a raging depressed fool.

i say we get a poll going.
I like it
I hate it

and another poll
what colors do u want?

Can barely see the "Previous Thread" "Next Thread" text.

But apart from that, I don't like it on the front page because of the contrast with the sidebars, but on the forums, it'll just take some adapting to. Seems alright though.

Before this, weren't there two choices for colour scheme? I remember being able to change, and I used the broken/unfinished grey/yellow tan one.

Fixed.

Also you can still change back to tan if you want - link is at the bottom.

SimonomiS said:

But apart from that, I don't like it on the front page because of the contrast with the sidebars, but on the forums, it'll just take some adapting to. Seems alright though.

Yeh will take some time to adjust. Could maybe add the option to change the theme in your User CP?

EDIT: Didn't see the option at the bottom.

Tan is sooooooo much better, hated the blue one, so dark and depressing.

Mutley said:
Tan is sooooooo much better, hated the blue one, so dark and depressing.
Tan can still be used.

I enjoy the blue color on teh forums..just the main page it looks tacky on :(

This site colour is much cooler!
I love it.
The only thing I'd say, is that your grey text, for example the "Halflife2.net Staff" part under HL2 staff names, fades into the bkg too much now, needs more contrast.
Appart from that, great job - a whole load better.

Man, this is lame. I'll use the old one. This one just farks up all my sig colours.

It couldn't hurt making the BG blue a little darker.

StardogChampion said:
Man, this is lame. I'll use the old one. This one just farks up all my sig colours.

It couldn't hurt making the BG blue a little darker.
Your sig looks fine to me.

I honestly thought my monitor is dying on me when the blue colour hit.
*changing back to tan theme*

Haha, this is quite ironic.

When we first had the tan theme replacing a very similar blue theme everyone was saying:

*moving back to blue theme*

Now you're all saying:

*changing back to tan theme*

:LOL:

Back