Boyz N The Hood

Atomi

Reaction score
Just watched the movie, saw it for the first time and man was it good! Got me really thinking, like good movies sometimes do. Even though the movie was made back in the 90's (92?), I hadn't seen it before.

Boyz N The Hood was quite realistic, IMO. No excessive gun swinging , just the group of friends growing from little boys into young men and trying to avoid trouble. It touched me somehow, realised that everybody doesn't have that nice of a life and that violence sucks, and violence brings more violence.

The acting was nice too. Wouldn't be such a great movie without proper acting, huh?

I don't really know where I'm going with this post. What did you think about the film? Did it get you thinking? Did it make you mad at something/ somebody?

Gimme some opinions, yo!

was gr8 film for its time. bit dated now. if you aint seen menace 2 society, i sugest u watch it ;)

watch it again..... and then play GTA:SA... you will see that andreas takes many of its que's from boyz.

you should watch menace 2 society...another good film taht is similar to boyz n da hood

Good movie :) - one of the films I grew up with infact.

Laurence Fishburne, or Larry as he was called back then :), is a dude. I love the scene when he's singing Ooh Child in the car with Mr Gooding Jr. (maybe check out 'Deep Cover' - which was the movie he made after Boyz .......... Jeff Goldblum is in too, and he's also a dude)

'African booty scratcher' XD

Back