Brand new "fix" for looping sound crash! (PagedPoolSize)

Wahoo!
This has saved me a TON of agg, and lag. Couldn't play for 20 minutes straight before crashing. And for all you nay-sayers out there, there are NO adverse effects on the rest of your system.
It actually speeds up your system a little bit
the windows xp splash screen popped up like a jack in the box after I changed this

Hoorah!! I figured it out! Its AVG definatelly multiple sources say so and I tried it and now I'm problem free! (Apart from that Evil Monkey that lives in my closet...)!

PS: Doctor G. Freeman...I'm sorry but Vista is full of bugs and its hopless...I'm sorry.

AWESOME!!
Fixed my problems!
Move to help and sticky!!!!!
Sweet.

Hi. I try all of there posted tips, but the game already crash... please help. I have Avast antivirus and 1,5gb ram...

@Meelkor

I've never heard of the Avast processor with the antivirus video card!

But a long time game with avast ran normal. After reinstal windovs it not run.

Make Sure you RESTART

I was banging my head against the wall, when this didn't work. But as usual RTFM, or RTFP in this case (read the f***ing post).

Make sure that after you have changed the mem size you restart then it works like a charm

Thanks a lot!! :cheers:

Hi,

I have changed the pagedpoolsize, and will shortly uninstall AVG, butr what I really would like to know, is what the pagedpoolsize IS, how it affects my Half Life game, and why ot does this. Can anyone tell me????

How is that possible? There's a post from just 2 days ago made by a guest. Why would their account be deleted for inactivity if they just posted that recently.

Hello guys.

I just registered in this forum for posting what I believe is a possible solution for this infamous problem. I too have had this problem for quite a while. Googled a lot trying to find a cause, but it seemed that almost everything could be causing this(graphics drivers, audio drivers, antivirus software, stuff running in the background) so I felt really pissed because my pc would keep crashing no matter what I did.

Until I disabled Aero!
Yeah, disabling the Aero graphical interface stopped the looping sound crash for me. Makes sense, if you think about it...

So, I went from having this annoying crash 2 or 3 times a day while playing games, surfing the web, watching movies to having it... 0 times in 4 days.

Really hope this suggestion helps people with this problem, as I know how annoying it is.
I'll be posting this possible solution in a couple more forums so more people can read about it.

See ya.

Hi there ! I had this blue screen sound crash problem and i dont know what to !It crashes when i watch movies ,videos on youtube,playin games or just chillin in the forums somewhere.Here it is:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP:0x0000000A(0x00000016,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x9051AA58)
PLEASE HELP !!!! :eek:

Start Menu > Run > regedit

Surf down to this key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Session Manager\Memory Management

Double click on "PagedPoolSize". Hexadecimal is listed first. Change the "Value Data" to one of these below:
(Note: You only need to enter EITHER Hexadecimal or Decimal. They both are the same.)

Megabytes Hexadecimal Decimal
192Mb 0c000000 201326592
256Mb 10000000 268435456
384Mb 18000000 402653184

I went with the 384Mb option and it worked perfectly.

Once you are done, make sure you reboot your computer.

The use of x in your name is a little bit xcessive.

hmmmmm
when i tried it my computer just started freezing.
You know this fix is from 2007 and was meant for the older versions of Windows like XP. This fix has already been implemented into all Source engines games now so you should not use this fix as it will mess something up.

Now there's a face you don't see everyday.

Back