Broken Age

BabyHeadCrab

The Freeman
Reaction score
Double Fine's crowd funded game is out and it's amazing. I put a couple hours into Vel's storyline and it's easily the most imaginative game I've played in years. Anyone else playing? It's great to play pnc adventure games again. :)

Broken-Age.jpg

Backed it from day one and wasn't dissapointed. A really gorgeous game that while a tad too easy more than makes up for it in the story and dialogue. Can't wait for Act 2.

I liked it a lot! I've got some criticisms, but overall it was a good story and a gorgeous game. The papercraft-esque painterly style is incredibly beautiful and the story and worldbuilding are both very charming, and the twists at the ending caught me completely off-guard, I'm really eager to see how things play out.

Probably my biggest hope is that either Act 2 is a fair bit longer than the first part (unlikely) or that there are going to be more episodic arcs to finish it up, though, because I blew through the whole thing in about two and a half hours and I'll be a little disappointed if the completed story arc ends up being only about six hours long. I'd like to see some better development for Vella and the characters introduced in her route, too, I think Shay's route was a bit stronger in terms of writing.

Back