Bueller’s Day Off, Breakfast Club director dies.

BabyHeadCrab

The Freeman
Reaction score
NY Times said:
LOS ANGELES — John Hughes, the once-prolific filmmaker whose sweet and sassy comedies like “Sixteen Candles” and “The Breakfast Club” plumbed the lives of teenagers in the 1980s, died Thursday on a morning walk while visiting Manhattan. He was 59.

The cause was a heart attack, according to a statement from the publicists Paul Bloch and Michelle Bega.

click for full article

Very talented and interesting dude, to be sure.

I'll say as I do in every death thread like this: I didn't know him, so what.

Damn, he made good shit.
Watched all of his movies, loved Breakfeast Club.

Isn't the breakfast club about the kids in detention for a month? That was an enjoyable movie.

2817THE_BREAKFAST_CLUB-11.jpg

I must have been 11 years old at my Aunts house for the weekend. She had a Betamax with a wired remote control.

I watched Rocky, The Breakfast Club and Star Wars several times.

The Breakfast Club was so awesome. I'll never forget when the lunch meat stuck to the mannequins face. For some reason, I think that is the coolest thing that has ever happened in a movie to this day.

The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, wasteoids, dweebies, dickheads — they all adored him. They all thought he was a righteous dude.

I loved Breakfast Club. Didn't see it until later in my life though. Late 90's, early 2000's. Can't remember exactly when.

And of course... everybody loves Ferris. Get well Ferris.

Apparently he lived on a farm for the last 20 years turning his back on Hollywood a long time ago. No one mentioned the momentous Home Alone films he directed too :(

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it...

Two really awesome movies. I just recently rewatched The Breakfast Club, and it's still as awesome as it was back in the day.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it...

deep...

The Breakfast Club was a great movie though, sucks we're -1 with good film makers.

Chiming in on The Breakfast Club being an awesome movie. I like Sixteen Candles too.

RIP!

Someone needs to make a Twist and Shout Flash Mob.

Back