Bugs they still haven't fixed since the beginning...

Reaction score
1. Corpses clipping through grated floors (such as catwalks) and glass. This is extremely apparent on glass maps. I think it's in all source games since it happens in Vampire the Masquerade as well.

2. The Friend's List on Steam. How are they going to try and sell a product to other developers when one of their main and simplest features doesn't work.

3. Real time and cache mix up of the map name. Things in my favorites are always going by what I played there the last time.

DoctorWeeTodd said:
1. Corpses clipping through grated floors (such as catwalks) and glass. This is extremely apparent on glass maps. I think it's in all source games since it happens in Vampire the Masquerade as well.

2. The Friend's List on Steam. How are they going to try and sell a product to other developers when one of their main and simplest features doesn't work.

3. Real time and cache mix up of the map name. Things in my favorites are always going by what I played there the last time.

1. Agreed, but clipping happens in every game, and I doubt they can "fix" it.

2. What does that have to do with CS:S, besides being part of the same program needed to play CS:S? That's a general Steam bug, and they have recently stated they are working on fixing Friends.

3. You see, there's this thing in your server browser called Refresh list......:rolleyes:

Malfunction said:
3. You see, there's this thing in your server browser called Refresh list......:rolleyes:

Except it doesn't work right on my favorites. Maybe it's just me.

Originally Posted by DoctorWeeTodd
Except it doesn't work right on my favorites. Maybe it's just me.

Its me.

Im so f*king funny! :D

I've just noticed that corpses will also fall right through elevators and cars.

They fixed everything that was a nice feature, and didn't fix anything that was suppose to be fixed...

For what it's worth (not much, I know) my favorites list doesn't refresh correctly either. I have to uncheck all the settings, refresh, then re-check the settings and refresh. THEN it lists all the servers correctly.

So no, it's NOT just you. Unless it's me too!

Indeed, Laguna. God knows why the camera is placed so low in relation to the head. When I first started out I always wondered why people were headshotting me when behind cover, until I saw someone else hiding there and could see their head sticking out.

No wonder so many people complaing about cheating when the game doesn't even depict acurately what you are seeing.

How about that bug with bots in cs_havana, when they can't see that the dang door is closed in that round, but it gets opened 2 rounds down.

IMO, that is a cool idea, but it's not cool when all of my "teammates" are going next to this closed door, saying "I hear 'em!" or "Hang on, I heard something" and shooting at the door, when I'm trying to say; "Over HERE, you dumbasses!!!!!!!!", trying to point where there's an open door.

This usually means me getting pwned first. :p THEN my teammates come. :upstare:
The use of the "Enemy Spotted" command does help though. But then they think I'm the leader and follow me around, and only sometimes rescue the hostages.

I remembered the first time this happened and the enemies decided to sneak up behind us.

Laguna said:
your pov is still from your penis.

Start your own server and type in "thirdperson" after enabling sv_cheats. Your gun is in the same place as your first person POV.:LOL:

They were right all along, those gun nuts just have insecurities.

It's not exactly a bug more than the way they have chosen to implement it, but why do the ragdolls behave so craply?? What would be wrong with having normal HL2 SP style ragdolls which feel much heavier and move in a more satisfying way, instead of the horribly lame floaty ones in CS. It destroys the whole 'realism' schebang when you have a guy fall off a roof and float down like he's full of air.

Also - is it just me or do physprops SUCK? Not because they strain your comp, but because they don't behave at all like they do in HL2 SP upon contact with the player. It seems impossible to even jump on top of the table in the office in Assault. This same crappy player interaction with props causes the bug where you get stuck in one place just because there's 2 filing cabinets, or coke cans or whatever, on either side of you. This one really should be fixed, unless it's just down to the way the server handles the players' and props' relative positions and it is unfixable. That would be sad-making ;(

Laivasse said:
It's not exactly a bug more than the way they have chosen to implement it, but why do the ragdolls behave so craply?? What would be wrong with having normal HL2 SP style ragdolls which feel much heavier and move in a more satisfying way, instead of the horribly lame floaty ones in CS. It destroys the whole 'realism' schebang when you have a guy fall off a roof and float down like he's full of air.

Also - is it just me or do physprops SUCK? Not because they strain your comp, but because they don't behave at all like they do in HL2 SP upon contact with the player. It seems impossible to even jump on top of the table in the office in Assault. This same crappy player interaction with props causes the bug where you get stuck in one place just because there's 2 filing cabinets, or coke cans or whatever, on either side of you. This one really should be fixed, unless it's just down to the way the server handles the players' and props' relative positions and it is unfixable. That would be sad-making ;(

I don't think the props are a problem except for that weird bug that kills you when you touch one.

The CS deaths kinda remind me of bullet time, with the bodies frozen in mid air, instead of the wild HL2DM flailing. Although I think it looks better while dropping from a short height, it looks stupid if your ragdoll drops from a reasonable height.

I don't think the props are a problem except for that weird bug that kills you when you touch one.

Don't you get that weird effect where things you push against seem to push back? Like there's an area of sponginess around props...? I've often wondered if it might be just me.

Nope, I get that aswell...although one of the recent updates made it a little better I thought. You mean like when you jump on a barrel, you kinda get stuck?

spazbob said:
Nope, I get that aswell...although one of the recent updates made it a little better I thought. You mean like when you jump on a barrel, you kinda get stuck?

Yeah, that's the one. Except I rarely even dare to go near physprops any more cos they screw me up so bad. I usually end up getting shot in the face after spending 30 seconds trying to jump a filing cabinet or chair or whatever.

Laivasse: Make your own server and type "sv_turbophysics 1" in the console. It makes all the physics react properly.

BUT: I tried this on our clan server (Right before they took out my admin \o/) and it's really laggy.

Laivasse said:
Yeah, that's the one. Except I rarely even dare to go near physprops any more cos they screw me up so bad. I usually end up getting shot in the face after spending 30 seconds trying to jump a filing cabinet or chair or whatever.

I tend to only get that on some servers. Although props tend to shake too much everywhere.

dekstar said:
Laivasse: Make your own server and type "sv_turbophysics 1" in the console. It makes all the physics react properly.

BUT: I tried this on our clan server (Right before they took out my admin \o/) and it's really laggy.

Maybe in a few years when everyone's on 8mbit they'll enable it by default :LOL: Assuming it is just a lag issue...

DoctorWeeTodd said:
The CS deaths kinda remind me of bullet time, with the bodies frozen in mid air, instead of the wild HL2DM flailing. Although I think it looks better while dropping from a short height, it looks stupid if your ragdoll drops from a reasonable height.

I found a "fix" for this a while ago, works great. I uploaded it, you can get it from here. http://www.burghcom.com/~swan/crap/clash/Counter-Strike.rar

They are the same as the HL2 ragdolls now, no slow crappy stuff. Only problems so far is they like to get stuck in the vent in assault (they just hang there, you'll see) and not really a problem but, powerfull guns can cause you to backflip and fly back a few feet if your nailed in the head. Much, much better than the default. Should be easy enough to figure out how to "install" them.

Back