Buy Softimage

Z

zrKn

I just saw that Softimage XSI v4.0 for Students just costs 299 usd, Does that have all i need to make models for games and is MentalRay included so i can watch my work in a resulution up tp 1024*768 or have i missunderstod the whole thing... And most important is there any "Watermark" saying DEMO over the viewports ?

A student licence can not be used to make ANY KIND OF PROFIT! The student licence probably has all the features the retailversion has. You will be able to upgrade to a commercial licence when you're not a student anymore. At least, that's how Alias does it. Can't see why it should be different with XSI

You can buy softimage 4.0 Foundation for $495, the full commercial version. With that you can do everything you need for half life 2.

desty

The student copy @ $175 includes:
* 1 year temporary license of XSI Advanced Student/Teacher Academic for Windows
* Installation & licensing support and private web section access during the subscription period
* 1 School kit: CD kit (Software CD, Media CD, Documentation CD), Setup & licensing kit, SOFTIMAGE|XSI DVD: Principles of XSI, the 5-DVD Softimage Production Series, and dongle

OR...

the same as a permanent license (the length of your course) for $299

RESTRICTIONS:
- NO COMMERCIAL USE
- MUST BE IN EDUCATION

See here for more info of qualification for student pricing.

Back