C & C 3 consolized!!

CptStern

suckmonkey
Reaction score
Electronic Arts Inc., today announced that Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars (C&C 3) is in development for the Xbox 360 videogame and entertainment system. C&C 3 boasts an intuitive console-specific control scheme, fast-action strategy gameplay, deep single player campaign, and an immersive multiplayer experience featuring massive battles where you take control of large armies on the battlefield of the future.

C&C 3 will be one of the most robust titles on Xbox LIVE, with a steady stream of downloadable content on Marketplace. The first dashboard theme featuring amazing concept art from the development team will be available soon.

prepare to pay extra for maps, skins, cheats, unlockables, dashboard nonsense etc ..

EA = rolling in money hats

FUCK YOU EA

Awesome. :D Now I don't need to shell out a stupid amount of cash for a gaming PC with only a few titles I want. Not gonna be much left for PC gamers to ''have for themselves'' soon. :LOL:

heh well that's not true ..in fact there's plenty of games consoles will never ever have ...like Tiger woods golf something or other ..sure it's out on xbox 360 but I dont have to pay an extra $20 for a game with half the maps, half the skins of the pc version ...shell out that much more for an inferior product ..being smug wont last that long after you've shelled out that much more for a 360 version of a game

oh btw when 360 games like gears of war do come to the pc you can bet they'll look better on a pc and wont cost near as much ..oh and I dont have to pay to play online

Bleh, I don't care what consoles it comes out on as long as it comes out on the PC as well. I'm dubious about how good the next one will be to be frank. The last few C&C titles haven't had that C&C spark.

heh well that's not true ..in fact there's plenty of games consoles will never ever have ...like Tiger woods golf something or other

:O Boy, I sure do want a new PC now! ;)

I can't say I'm smug, really, as I really don't care about what GOW will look like on the PC, as I'm the type of guy that still has trouble seeing the big deal about HDTV and the different types of sound quality. Today, my mate told me his earphones cost him £300. I laughed. Very hard, actually. Then I listened to them and I couldn't tell any difference. I'm rambling now, but what I said about the titles was just me being petty. Eh.

EA = rolling in money hats

Money hat?

istockphoto_580792_money_hat.jpg

heh what i meant was that in some console games (specifically EA games) the offer less than what other console/pc games offer ..even though it's esentially the same game

I can't say I'm smug, really, as I really don't care about what GOW will look like on the PC, as I'm the type of guy that still has trouble seeing the big deal about HDTV and the different types of sound quality. Today, my mate told me his earphones cost him £300. I laughed. Very hard, actually. Then I listened to them and I couldn't tell any difference. I'm rambling now, but what I said about the titles was just me being petty. Eh.

I can definately see the difference between generations of video cards ..but ultimately it's the gameplay that makes a game good ..but to each his own ..I prefer pc games over consoles

As long there isn't any sign of a "intuitive console-specific control scheme" on the PC version, this is okay, I guess.

Ick. I saw this too and I am not exactly thrilled. I guess they thought since BFME was received fairly well that another game like it would be too. Not imho though.

Now if they said they were brining it to the Wii on the other hand...that would be something worth talking about!!!

Don't forget Spore! >_<

ehhh....an RTS on a console??? Did...did i miss..something? Or has the world become completely mad?

I remember playing Red Alert1 on playstation1 at a friends house but that sucket ass, i couldnt even select units with the controler. How on earth can u make an RTS for a console if it doesnt have Keyboard+Mouse?? HOW DO U MICRO UR UNITS?????

Or does it have support for keyboard+mouse? Anyway, it will suck ass. Console gamers probably have no experiance with RTS games (notice CONSOLE GAMERS, not CONSOLE+PC GAMERS so stop flaming me) so i would not buy a game just to play against pissed 8 year olds who cant do any stratigy or think like a commander.

No thanks but i stick to PC were its in a more proffecional manner, both mature and more fun.

And EALA were doing so well...

j/k, Tib Dawn and RA were on consoles, why not put thier sucessor on there too? Provided its developed as a PC game first and a console second, I fully support this move.

You must have some shit vision and hearing. No offence..... As a matter of fact what your saying is so sad im about to feel bad...

I'm usually to busy watching the actually show/film or listening to the music. I haven't the time to sit down in front of two TV's and see which one makes me pop a boner over it's amazing pixel quality LOLO111.

ehhh....an RTS on a console??? Did...did i miss..something? Or has the world become completely mad?

I remember playing Red Alert1 on playstation1 at a friends house but that sucket ass, i couldnt even select units with the controler. How on earth can u make an RTS for a console if it doesnt have Keyboard+Mouse?? HOW DO U MICRO UR UNITS?????

Or does it have support for keyboard+mouse? Anyway, it will suck ass. Console gamers probably have no experiance with RTS games (notice CONSOLE GAMERS, not CONSOLE+PC GAMERS so stop flaming me) so i would not buy a game just to play against pissed 8 year olds who cant do any stratigy or think like a commander.

No thanks but i stick to PC were its in a more proffecional manner, both mature and more fun.

What... the hell? Seriously, if you have a problem pressing down on a button, then moving your thumb forwards or backwards, making a little box around something, then taking your finger off of that button, thus 'selecting' it, then I think I'm going to have to consider you one of the 8 year old players who can't do strategy. Actually, I'll just fo ahead and think of you as about 4 years old, as those simple movements are mind-numbling easy.

I can just about take people that can't do FPS's on a controller, but playing a game like C&C, where you could select every single unit on the screen by pressing no more than two keys, and in this case, one button a simple finger movement? Man, that's just weird.

Also, I don't see how it's going to be any more fun or professional playing it on a PC or a console. It'll be... the same. The exact damn same.

Sorry to be a dick and all but I have to point it out again for you guys who go "OMFGZ RTS + CONSOLES = ?!?!?!"

The first game that's close to what we have today in terms of RTSes was a console game, Herzog Zwei, for the SEGA Genesis.

What pisses me off is EA selling all this shit, I say we need to assassinate all Top CEOs at EA.

How exactly do you micro on a console controller? It's just not possible. Maybe if they let you bind 2-3+ button combinations or something... Still it would be a hassle compared to PC.

Are you by chance 80 years old?

Should have known when they picked squad infantry instead of individual units.

Heh, i am truly not suprised at all by this, either Apoc or Predator on the C&C3 Forums had previously dropped subtle hints this may happen.

For me as long as the PC version is top quality i'm happy :)

p.s yes I know cncnation.net is down, contacted the hosting people
D:

Are you by chance 80 years old?

No.

How exactly do you micro on a console controller? It's just not possible. Maybe if they let you bind 2-3+ button combinations or something... Still it would be a hassle compared to PC.

Or! they could just asign a button like [Button Here] for zooming in and zooming out? There are these games that are called first person shooters, right, and they have these weapons... the sniper rifle or something. Anyway, clicking one button zooms you in, then when you re-click it, it zooms you out! The Future... today!

BFME on the 360 let you micro through the d-pad. I can't remember exactly how it was set up but I think you could cycle through them using left and right and then by unit type with up and down.

Should have known when they picked squad infantry instead of individual units.
Thats a huge turnoff for me.
Ugh......
They already hurt the micro by choosing squads. Was set to go console from the start.

**** EA.

Also a reason while PC Gamers and Console gamers will never get to play on the same servers, especially for RTS and FPS's. In FPS and in RTS the keyboard and mouse is simply far more intuitive (unless they allow console gamers to cheat with auto-aim). Where a console game will have to make use of a slow paging cursor the pc version allows you to simply click where you want. Without Micro's they'd get completely slaughtered in an RTS. I can't see many hardcore RTS fans getting the console version tbh, since they probably consider micro management an integral part of any RTS.

Agreed. I doubt any harcore rts fan would consider playing c&c on a console anyways, the ones I know wouldn't consider a console fullstop.

Noo!! Why does every good game get consolized? I'm afraid our beloved Half Life's days are numbered as well....it happened to Deus Ex, Morrowind (lets face it, oblivion was obviously designed with the 360 in mind, take a look at the Fisher-Price interface, conversation mini-games, level scaling ect), now C & C. It's a really sad situation

Noo!! Why does every good game get consolized? I'm afraid our beloved Half Life's days are numbered as well....it happened to Deus Ex, Morrowind (lets face it, oblivion was obviously designed with the 360 in mind, take a look at the Fisher-Price interface, conversation mini-games, level scaling ect), now C & C. It's a really sad situation
I agree with you mostly, though Morrowind was pretty much developed simultaneously for the XB1 as the PC version and that wasn't really dumbed down, I'd say they did it far more to appeal to general gamers overall rather than just consoles, atleast for level-scaling, Fisher-Price interface and convo mini-games were probably done 'only' with the console in mind.

I hear they are going to charge a penny for every unit produced, 5 for every upgrade and 10 for every building. WMDs will come in the expansion pack.

I hear they are going to charge a penny for every unit produced, 5 for every upgrade and 10 for every building. WMDs will come in the expansion pack.

I know you're being sarcastic and all, but that fits EA's buisness model perfectly...

lol - imagine playng an epic game on Live - you're just about to crush your oponent when 'insert coin for more troops' pops up. Games will be like real life - victory to the rich, death to the poor!

As long as they don't tone down the PC version in order for it to be consolised, like so frequently happens (Deus Ex 2?).

The console version should be derived from the PC version, not the other way around.

Why do they even bother? Even porting the game to console would cost more than it's going to make in it's lifetime. Sheesh their market researchers must be retarded.

Ah EA will either buy out the entire gaming industry or crush itself. It's sort of like gravity, the bigger EA get the more inward force there is which will eventually cause them to implode when the outward force of creating shit games runs out.

"EA Games, supernova"

Hopefully you're right Kyo and it will eventually collapse due to it's own weight

Seriously, EA is ruining every game it gets its hands on.

Back