Can the EP2 controls 'hints' be turned off?

Reaction score
Just a quick and fairly insignificant question. Is there a console command to turn off those annoying prompts in Episode Two that are continually telling you what the controls are? They get annoying. :rolleyes:

Only way I know of is to disable your HUD entirely (cl_drawhud 0), which isn't really wise.

Useless thread. Is it really that terrible to look at a helpful hint for 3 seconds?

Except that they're not helpful. Who on God's green earth needs to be reminded several times per gameplay session that "R" is the reload key?

I'm not saying it's important, it's a minor annoyance, but it's still a legitimate question.

You really have no idea about half of the pool of players that play Half-Life.

Just because you've played Half-Life and the like before, doesn't mean other people won't. You're only reminded once per game, and it really isn't that hard to ignore it. If anything it provides brief entertainment.

You really have no idea about half of the pool of players that play Half-Life.

Just because you've played Half-Life and the like before, doesn't mean other people won't. You're only reminded once per game, and it really isn't that hard to ignore it. If anything it provides brief entertainment.

Actually for me they happen throughout the game and it does get annoying. Yes i have been driving the car for an hour i don't need a reminder of how to accelerate. Or do i need a reminder of how to reload my gun in the silo battle.

Back