Can we download the source conversions for free?

aeroripper

Tank
Reaction score
So if that is true the $150 (for the north americans here) for the collectors edition includes the Source conversions of those games... is that the only medium it will ever be available on.

What if we buy normal HL2 and enter our cd-key in on steam, will we be able to download them from there also for free?

I wonder if this will be like buying counterstrike in the store..... where the mod is free but they retailed it so it could reach a bigger market for people who don't have internet or don't download stuff.....

I thought someone from Valve answered that they would be available in stores for a budget price?

edit: and on steam probably

The steam games list will be getting quite large soon I hope there's a way to remove games you don't ever want..

man that sucks... its like paying for a game you've already played :(

the only one I would really buy seperate is HL1: Source

aeroripper said:
man that sucks... its like paying for a game you've already played :(

the only one I would really buy seperate is HL1: Source

From what has been said by Vavle, I don't think that HL1 source is actually going to have new art content added. So there's really no reason to try to get it until some mod team does a full conversion of it.

oh, i wonder if we will be able to download HL1 source instead, or it's included with HL2........ that's be awesome :-D

aeroripper said:
So if that is true the $150 (for the north americans here) for the collectors edition includes the Source conversions of those games
150 bucks for the collectors edition? does it come with 3 more copies of hl2 in the box? i dont get it why would it cost 150$?

acme420 said:
150 bucks for the collectors edition? does it come with 3 more copies of hl2 in the box? i dont get it why would it cost 150$?
No it comes with posters, action figures, t-shirts and a whole bunch of other useless crap you don't need.

No, there is no official price...
Stores list it as 79.99 US, which is 30 more then the other (I guess SP+MP) edition.
Merc might have some details on this, if he asked, and if they told

$150! Which site did you get that off of. I thought it was more like $80

EDIT: nm saw the other thread.

he went for a swim for an hour... i'd go for a swim but the only pool i have around my apartment is maybe a open septic tank :( IF i'm lucky

Swim?!
Oh yeah...Summer over there...
Well could he be so nice as to post first?

I don't believe that. That is obviously plain bullsquid... erm, bullshit

If the mods are not going to be free with HL2, I'm not even gonna bother buying it.

riTuaL said:
If the mods are not going to be free with HL2, I'm not even gonna bother buying it.

That means your only gonna buy CS:Source right?

If HL2 doesn't come with CS:S I probably won't even get HL2. But if CS:S is downloadable after purchasing HL2 I will definitely buy HL2, even if CS:S is available on its own for a cheaper price.

I'm pretty sure its been confirmed that the standard HL2 packaged WON'T come with the mod conversions. I for one am glad, its more stuff the special edition gets that the others don't. And maybe, just maybe, it'll save us from some of the dumbass CS players.

WillH said:
I'm pretty sure its been confirmed that the standard HL2 packaged WON'T come with the mod conversions. I for one am glad, its more stuff the special edition gets that the others don't. And maybe, just maybe, it'll save us from some of the dumbass CS players.

If that's the case I'll just buy the collector's edition, I wouldn't mind dropping an extra $30-50 to get CS:S and DOD:S.

yea... I am not going to buy HL2 if it doesn't come with free ports. The only reason I would buy HL2 is for better multiplayer.

If only college wasn't coming.. then I could afford them all ;(

Back