Can you kill EVERY Combine?

NJspeed

Reaction score
I'm curious.. Does anyone know for sure? On the later levels do they just keep spawning and coming or no? It seems to be so near the end, especially the last Strider battle I notice they keep popping up but far away on ledges and stuff.. Plus oftentimes through previous levels I would leave Combine behind as theres really no reason to always go back and kill every single one.. Perhaps theres only certain spots where they keep spawning? The later levels are crazy with the huge amount of Combines but is anyone really positive to whether they keep spawning indefinitely or maybe theres just a big number of them that pop out?

Never thought about it tbh, but you can't kill all the soldiers in the citadel as you take a trip, so you can't kill 'every' combine in that sense. With regard to the other levels and even the citadel prior to getting in the pod, those soldiers and elites just keep coming as far as i know, so i'd assume they just keep spawning.

I dont mind, since the combine are a race i'd expect them to be a large quantity of personel to try come pwn me, ya can't keep a good man down. :rolleyes:

Highly doubt it or else it could cause lull in the action if you killed everything and then get lost and such, the enemies kind of show you where to go in a sense that you aren't supposed to be around them and that you are in the right area :)

It depends, really on your definition. There are many places with infinite combine, but you can make them stop spawning by completing your objectives. They stop spawning once you're killed all the striders in the horse level, etc.
So you can really fight as many as you want.

i killed i think every combine in the game till they stoped coming in hl2 exept for the bits where u had to ride the car and jet ski thing

Yeah, it's just like the end of Ravenholm, where the zombies and such just keep coming. I didn't see the stack of stuff to the way out so I got stuck fighting them for a while. Fun, but very scary...

You can easily kill all the zombies at ravenholm, they aren't every spawning. And realy, even with the best sepcs I don't understand how they could scare you, lol. But has anyone tried this with the combine yet? Time it if you actualy get to a point where they stop spawning. But realy, in the world of video games, this is nothing new.

In Nova Prospect there will come a bunch of combines just when you enter the teleport, so no.

The CPs in the early level of Route Kanal (the ones wielding the pistols) are infinitely spawned. You can never kill them all :(

the zombies in the open ravenholm area (the one with the faulty chopping machine) spawn endlessly. i tracked them to their spawn point (a dead-end alley) and killed a zombie i saw there. after i left they kept reappearing

I sat down with a bucket of popcorn and kept clicking the left hand mouse button until I had finished off a batallion of civil protectors.

Hectic Glenn said:
but you can't kill all the soldiers in the citadel as you take a trip, so you can't kill 'every' combine in that sense. With regard to the other levels and even the citadel prior to getting in the pod, those soldiers and elites just keep coming as far as i know

as i got into the teleporter with alyx and the force field came to protect us, i lobbed 2 nades over the top and managed to kill every single elite combine and the normal ones as well, it was quite funny :p
i doubt u can kill em all because in levels such as the striders battles they will always come and not stop spawning until u kill the striders

I sat down with a bucket of popcorn and kept clicking the left hand mouse button until I had finished off a batallion of civil protectors.

Never know that before. In case you're on a different part, I'm talking about the section where there's a passing train in the gap between two sides of wall, when you get up onto the opposite side, they just pour out behind the metallic sheet stuff. I'm never able to get rid of them all. :(

Sorry guys I don't think anyone here has a definitive answer. The zombies in Ravenholm don't count because they only respawn infinitely after you go through the gate. It's just to show Gregori fighting them forever..

The other instance that was referred to in the Strider battles, and if they stop spawning after you kill the Striders, then the answer is yes you can kill them all. Other points people mentioned I don't think it's proven theres infititely spawning guys. You can clear out the Citadel, I did it last night and I'm pretty sure I didn't miss a guy.. Does anyone know 100% an instance where theres infinite respawn? The trains in the beginning maybe? Anyway, maybe we never hung around long enough to find out. That was my whole point.. often theres no need hang around or to go back and kill every guy. Anyway I think tomorrow I'm going to give it a try and kill everything in the entire game.. lol.. I'll post my results.

CREMATOR666 said:
Never know that before. In case you're on a different part, I'm talking about the section where there's a passing train in the gap between two sides of wall, when you get up onto the opposite side, they just pour out behind the metallic sheet stuff. I'm never able to get rid of them all. :(

Yeh we're thinking of different places.

Yeh we're thinking of different places.

I nearly sat down with my popcorn and tries to blow them all away...until I ran out of ammo, that is :p

Murray said:
In Nova Prospect there will come a bunch of combines just when you enter the teleport, so no.

Yeah, but you kill those very same soldiers later :LOL:

Back