Can you pick up objects on 360?

AK-JB

Reaction score
Hey guys im getting the orange box pack for the 360 tommorow oh and merry christmas!! anyway can i pick up objects WITHOUT the gravity gun?? I wanna throw some objects at people...:cheers:

Not for PC? It's much better on PC.

But, anyway, yes, I believe you can. You'll do it once or twice at most, since it really doesn't help except during puzzles.

Click the.. right joystick while looking at an item?

Honestly I just had HL2 for xbox because I bought it used for $4 and didn't have a PC at the time. It's been a while.

The orange box? about 20£ but im in england

Good tea mate?

If you pick up a can, don't drink from it. They put something in it t-to make you forget; I don't even remember how I got here... on this website.

The orange box? about 20£ but im in england

Good tea mate?

I'm in England. Got it about 6 months ago on the 360 for £10. Technically free, as I traded in FarCry 2 for it. God that was the best swap I've ever made in my life!
Anywho, yes, you can pick objects up. I believe it's the "X" button, but I can't remember. Not played it on the 360 for a while. Since I got a decent computer I've been sourcing it up :)

Half-Life 2 on the Xbox 360 and the PC are EXACTLY the same. It's Team Fortress 2 that has all the cool stuff on the PC. I would play it on the PC but my PC is crap. D:

Why would you not be able to pick up objects in the xbox version?

There's a part in the game that would leave the player very confused and frustrated if he was unable to pick up objects. (Pick up that can)

If you pick up a can, don't drink from it. They put something in it t-to make you forget; I don't even remember how I got here... on this website.

Then throw it at CP's face. lol

Yes you can pick up objects, cant imagine why you wouldn't be able to. One of the achievements even revolves around you putting a can in the trash

But the reticle over the item (small ones, like cans, only. Gravity Gun needs to be used for bigger things like Barrels and crates) and press X. X also throws the item, but not as far as the Gravity Gun.

I used to have it on Xbox and I can remember the controls. ;)

Differences with the gravity gun...

Normal throw- *toss*klunk*
Gravity Gun- *WHOCK*CRASH*:stare:

The story/mythology of Hl2 xbox controls.

I think the OP asked this question because console versions of games tend to have less features of this kind.... like Oblivion for example, on pc you could pick up and object and throw it around and what not without it actually being in your inventory, however on the 360 there is no such feature, an item is either in your inventory or it isnt.

Back